The struggle is real y'all...

Options
13»

Replies

• spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My office does this too! Always chocolate and pastries. I'm not too bad at managing my cravings, though.
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a place that did the same thing! (One of the reasons I gained weight!) Now that I work in home health care, however, I bring my own food and have no problems with tasty temptations. :smile:
  • CharleeCali
    CharleeCali Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's not bad enough that my office has free bagels and donuts every Friday, oh no, both of our snack machines are $.35 for EVERYTHING! PopTarts, Grandma's cookies, full-size candy bars.

Every Friday I (temporarily) log in a donut and bagel to convince myself it's not worth it, then I go into the kitchen and make my little cup of oatmeal.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Luckily I work in a large office and we're not a sociable bunch...occasionally someone brings something in but it's usually gone by the time I check my email and go to the breakroom. HOWEVER, my hubby is sabotage central! He loves to grocery shop (I know, I know, most women would kill for a husband who willingly did the shopping!) and the bakery is his favorite stop in the store. Pies, cakes, you name it, he brings it home. And if he knows I'm trying to lose weight I swear he brings home double!
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Some things are so hard, but others are becoming easier.
    My co-worker brought in Daylight Donuts Chocolate Chip Cookies - still warm this morning.
    I knew I was going out for lunch with a friend so I was able to pass without much 2nd thought. Other days that isn't as easy though.
    I love chocolate, but since I don't eat as much now, it has been easier to resist for me.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I hate that! My old work used to do that all the time. But at some point you can just eat what you want then work it off anyway, as long as your meeting your net deficit.

Most of the time I ended up taking something small and walk away as long as I logged it, and fit into my calorie count.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    We have 3 full file cabinet drawers with every candy and chip imaginable. Brutal.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My own husband unintentionally tried to sabotage me last night! I came home to him cooking pancakes! I am prediabetic and really trying to watch my sugar intake and I haven't looked for a low sugar syrup yet! He also was making sausage and eggs....so I turned it on him and made the most delicious sausage & spinach omelet known to man! LOL
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hnnnnghhhhh, Krispy Kreme. I live near the town where Krispy Kreme comes from. But it seems like there are more Dunkin Donuts around here. Wtf is up with that?
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It's because the tasty stuff is cheaper and easier to provide. It's just a quick stop somewhere, or a phone call, to get all sorts of delicious food in bulk. Things like fresh produce are much more expensive, because there's a prep cost, it isn't as filling, and it's perishable. It's $20 for a veggie tray that serves as a snack for 15-20 people vs. $20 for a giant pizza (or two) that will feed everyone more of a meal (and satisfy pleasure centers in the brain).

Entirely unfair, but that's why there are so many temptations in our daily lives. Bad for you = low cost and easy handling
  • ehample
    ehample Posts: 19
    Options
    I do a lot of refrigeration work which takes me into a lot of restaurants both fast food and high end. There is not a place I go that doesn't ask me if I want something to eat. Eventually you will find a combination of food that will keep you feeling full and satisfied and these cravings will get easier. Stick with the plan.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    It's a struggle that 65% of the US deals with on a daily basis. Lots of temptation, but that's why people who succeed do...................because they don't fall for the temptation on a regular basis. I'm not saying NEVER to eat those foods, but be aware of the kind of calorie pileup it can cause.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BuckTheBMI
    BuckTheBMI Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hnnnnghhhhh, Krispy Kreme. I live near the town where Krispy Kreme comes from. But it seems like there are more Dunkin Donuts around here. Wtf is up with that?

Do you live in the Triad? If so we are neighbors!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    My co-workers are unwittingly trying to sabotage my lifestyle changes! I have started asking why no one ever brings in a veggie tray... although now that I think about it before I would have made fun of the guy/girl who brought in a veggie tray!

like a friend of mine once said, "this isn't world war 2, and you aren't a train full of munitions. no one is trying to sabotage you."
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    My co-workers are unwittingly trying to sabotage my lifestyle changes! I have started asking why no one ever brings in a veggie tray... although now that I think about it before I would have made fun of the guy/girl who brought in a veggie tray!

rsa2.jpg
    Well, You first!!
    Lead by example.
    This is pretty standard fare. At least people were being generous and thoughtful. You'll have to be the one to show them how to do it.
  • decblessings
    decblessings Posts: 113 Member
    Options

rsa2.jpg

We had a table just like that in the last dept I worked in. We called the table the hog trough.
  • mtapia713
    mtapia713 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Looks like a pile of garbage to me.