Replies

• Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Karen64Lynn
    Karen64Lynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I ate one this morning after working out pretty hard at the gym and it was perfect. I was concerned that I would still be hungry but it was filling and held my over for a couple of hours.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Why do people assume that honey is healthier than sugar? It is simply a different form of sugar.
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Why do people assume that honey is healthier than sugar? It is simply a different form of sugar.

I'm aware of that and never suggested that honey was 'healthier' than sugar. I added sugar too but the honey adds to the flavour and the texture of the muffins.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Sorry. I was in a hurry, and I'm just so used to seeing people using honey as the "healthier" alternative, that I guess I just saw it that way.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I just realized that this was the post I was responding to; not to the OP's post.

Your recipe looks good, but if you don't mind I have some suggestions to make them healthier. I would substitute whole wheat flour instead of white flour in this recipe, and possibly increase the honey to 1/2 cup and not add the brown sugar. The temperature also seems high, I would bake at 335 degrees if using all honey.
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I just realized that this was the post I was responding to; not to the OP's post.

Your recipe looks good, but if you don't mind I have some suggestions to make them healthier. I would substitute whole wheat flour instead of white flour in this recipe, and possibly increase the honey to 1/2 cup and not add the brown sugar. The temperature also seems high, I would bake at 335 degrees if using all honey.

Ahh! Don't worry, I hear ya ;)
  • MinnesotaYogaGirl
    MinnesotaYogaGirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am totally doing this soon! Thanks love! Mmmmm muffins!
  • Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    double yum! cant wait to give it a shot! thanks for posting
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just made these and they came out great! One thing I'll throw out there is with Jif Peanut Butter ours came in at 333 calories and we didn't use the chocolate morsels. If you can find a lower cal pb, the nutrition will be much better.

We came in at 333 Calories, 11 Protein, 20 Cholesterol, 550 Sodium, 17 Fat, 38 Carbs.
  • Janajohnson89
    Janajohnson89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aharper84
    aharper84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Saving