Macros

Options
What does everyone eat to get their protein up? From time to time I use whey protein because I have trouble reaching protein goal for the day! I'd rather get it from food though. I also struggle to reach vitamin a vitamin c and calcium and iron! Also I donate plasma which takes protein out of me so I wanna get that higher than usual each day! Suggestions?

Replies

• brandiknepper
    brandiknepper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have any dietary restrictions? I recently began eating Keto and I'm getting upwards of 100g of protein/day. Try having eggs with 2oz of breakfast sausage/ground turkey/ground beef. You should probably incorporate more seafood as the protein content is high and it doesn't deliver much in the way of fat/calories if that's your area of focus. Good luck!
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    No restrictions. Just my 1200 calories a day to follow.i buy egg beaters egg whites. That's what I had for breakfast today. 6 tablespoons totaling 50 calories and 10 grams of protein. On other days I will have cereal with milk or whole grain waffles. Those are the days I have trouble getting the protein in. Even with Greek yogurt every day for lunch. I supposed I could add sausage and other things too my breakfast but I don't want to go much more than 200 calories on breakfast. I try to stay at 600 or 700 before dinner and 500-600 from dinner on. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I also try to save 100 calories at night for a baked chip of some sort. What is Keto? What type of food is it? This is all just a balancing act haha. But today with having eggs plus whey protein for breakfast then veggies and Greek yogurt at lunch I got all but 5 grams of my daily protein so far (because I donate tomorrow) but without the whey (30 grams protein in 150 calories) I either just make my goal or am about 20 grams shy when I reach 1200 calories
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    eggs, almonds, chicken, beans
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My protein comes from chicken, skim milk, protein powder, cottage cheese, and greek yogurt. Also from protein bars!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    dead animals
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    dead animals

cooked and raw
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Quest bars and Chickfila Grilled Chicken Nuggets
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    -Add egg white and or protein powder to oatmeal
    -Greek yogurt or increase protein even more by adding nuts, protein powder.
    -Roasted chickpeas
    -Quinoa, Barley
    -Kashi go lean cereal. I love making green smoothies with protein powder, milk, spinach and pouring it over the top. Around 30g protein
    - I also love to bake healthy treats so like banana bread, donuts, muffins I add protein powder. Look up protein pow!
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So others are using protein powder too?
  • LividMuffin
    LividMuffin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My target is about 140g of protein a day and as a vegetarian (I eat chicken every now and then when my girlfriend makes it and I'm too lazy..:D) I have 20-40g from protein shake. The rest is cottage cheese (amazing with vanilla, cinamon or even garlic and pepper!), beans & nuts, yoghurt and even green vegetables.. Check my food diary for inspiration :)
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I eat chicken, ground turkey or salmon everyday with something and always a greek yogurt. I always get mine
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Meat and eggs are my primary protein. I try to get at least 20 grams in per meal, then the bits that come from veggies, bread, and dairy put me over my goal.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So others are using protein powder too?

Ick!
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Tons of boneless skinless chicken breast. I eat around 200grams of protein a day, a majority coming from chicken, in addition to that, I also drink 2 protein shakes a day and eat around 10-12 egg whites.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder daily.
  • macrotracko
    macrotracko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like the little Breakstone's 4oz cottage cheese cups. 10g protein and 90 calories.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 protein shakes a day - not how I prefer either but I work full time, go to school full time & then workout 2x a day - so between all that, I have minimal hrs to chew LOL.

Other than that my protein come from :
    turkey (ground, low fat keilbasa, loins, etc)
    chicken (i buy breasts & ground 1/2 the bag myself & cook the rest whole & divide up)
    cottage cheese (name brand - generic... is scary)
    protein bars occassionally (they serve as my sweet tooth cures too)
    Shrimp & white fish (usually tilapia)
    beans (mostly canned :/ )
    eggs - YUM (just egg whites, egg whites w/ tuna, egg white omeletes w/ veggies)
    tuna - straight out da can baybee!
    chicken (canned ^^ same)