help! stop me from a binge

Options
.................I WANT CHOCOLATE! IN THE BINGEING MOOD. I have none in the house, but the shop is at the end of the road. someone help me! lol

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You may WANT chocolate, but you don't NEED it :] Get a drink of water and focus on the weight you've lost.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    honestly, when i lost my 100 lbs a few years ago, i ate chocolate. every day. And ice cream. every night. I just ate tiny amounts of it. it was something i looked forward to all day. and i enjoyed every mouthful.
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Too late for me!!! I gave in and ate Oreos and white chocolate chips....darn period and hormones messing with me. Lol. I tried to control the amount somewhat. Now I feel stuffed and sick. Bleh.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Run down to the shop (don't drive) and buy a small bar. Then run back, I don't know how far away the shop is, but your jog can help offset the calories so you earn your treat (as long as you buy 1 small bar and not several massive ones!) :)
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Walk the long way around the block to the shop - buy 1 (ONE) piece/bar of chocolate (regular size, not king) and walk back the long way around - ENJOY your chocolate :)
  • JazzAllen
    JazzAllen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Do you crave chocolate often? It could by symptomatic of something you need in your diet (iron, certain vitamins, etc).
    Dovetailing off one of the previous replies, if you allow yourself a small amount of what you crave, you're less likely to binge on other things trying to satisfy that craving.
    Hang in there!!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    just eat your chocolate. if you want it that bad. just make sure it fits in your calorie budget. if it's worth the extra exercise you will have to do to burn it off, go for it. I personally like doritos but don't think it's worth any extra exercise so I don't eat them.
  • RebeccaAlice33
    RebeccaAlice33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found if you go brush your teeth the craving will stop. good luck and stay strong. x
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I believe in the small treats every day method that Jillian Michael's advocates. I buy individual Halo chocolates (75 calories) and dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups (200 calories for 3 pieces), so that when the chocolate cravings come I can indulge without guilt.
  • DogDead
    DogDead Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooo! The guilt you feel after giving in to a craving will only make you crave more. You are doing so well, don't ruin it for a quick food high. I've given in before, and it just makes you feel ashamed of yourself, which will make you want to binge again or just give up altogether. Be strong, you've already lost half a stone! That's something to be proud of :drinker:
  • mile311z
    mile311z Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    STOP!!!! Back away from the CHOCOLATE!!!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Then have some chocolate. You don't need to eat the entire bar, have a piece or two.
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day, and fit it into my calories. If I don't, I will binge. I buy it when it is on sale, like right now because of Easter, and store it in the pantry. I have not gone for the stash because I have a little bit each day. Today was a 3 musketeers for 240 calories. And it satisfied greatly.

Don't eliminate anything from your diet, just fit it into your calories each day.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    What the hell are you doing which Oreos & white 'chocolate' in your house :noway: - at least get the quality stuff with real chocolate in it (70% or better dark choc) - for that matter, just buy real cocoa powder unsweetened and mix it into greek yogurt. Tastes like rich chocolate cheesecake. White chocolate is just fake garbage - and don't get me started on Oreos lol!

from bon appetit - good food and fine cuisine magazine:
    "Technically white chocolate is not a chocolate - and it doesn't really taste like one - because it does not contain chocolate solids - just cocoa butter. It lacks the component that defines real chocolate."
    hahaha, if you are going to binge, do it on something worthwhile.:laugh:
  • DogDead
    DogDead Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's sensible :smile: I think if it's planned food then you don't get the guilt afterwards, but when you give into a craving, you feel you've let yourself down.

Being as the OP started this topic 4 hrs ago, is anyone else curious as to whether or not we got chocolate? :laugh: