What is the best fitness/weight loss tip you have heard?

Options
For me it would have to be drink more water because what feels like hunger could actually just mean your body is craving water. It gets water from food as well so you may feel like eating food even tough you already ate... and it can be solved by simply drinking water.

Replies

• emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more
  • Pensworth
    Pensworth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The scale doesn't tell everything.

To elaborate a bit- If you're not seeing a change in your weight, you might be missing changes in other body measurements. Inches from your waist, neck, thighs, and so on. Change comes in many ways and it is good to be attentive to them all.
  • toughmudderMN
    toughmudderMN Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    1)Eat slower. - There is a delay between being full and knowing that you are full.
    2)Eat at a table not in front of the T.V. or computer. - Mentally focus on your food. This way you don't zone out in front of the screen and eat a whole bag of chips.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Right now, start doing the behaviors of the person you want to be. For me, the realization that there is no finish line was tremendously important. If the person I want to be eats more healthy foods, doesn't abuse food, exercises regularly, drinks more water and does yoga/meditation, then I need to just start acting like that person. Then from Day 1, I am that person, just in various stages of transformation. Like Jillian Michaels says, "Transformation is not a future event; it is a present activity."
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more

This.
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    "Fat lasts longer than flavor!"
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    There's no food on earth that tastes as good as looking this good feels!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It's okay if you mess up. Nobody is perfect. What matters most is that you start over the next day and keep going.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you.
  • IsaTexDesigner
    IsaTexDesigner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting! Plateau killer
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Its not what you do sometimes that matters. Its what you do most of the time.

Or as I like to put it... one night out to dinner doesnt undo 14 days at the gym the last 2 weeks.
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    A diet is what you eat not something you do.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    raspberry ketones
  • Pud53
    Pud53 Posts: 2
    Options
    For me it was writing down my reasons for losing weight. I keep them in my weight loss journal and in my handbag and read them twice a day. I have post it stickers in my kitchen and bathroom reminding me to read them.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale and weigh everything. After years of guilt over eating evil/bad/naughty foods, my mind is still blown that I can eat whatever I want and lose weight.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Right now, start doing the behaviors of the person you want to be. For me, the realization that there is no finish line was tremendously important. If the person I want to be eats more healthy foods, doesn't abuse food, exercises regularly, drinks more water and does yoga/meditation, then I need to just start acting like that person.

I think this is good advice in all/most areas of life, not just health! Thumbs up.
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    Not eating after a certain time (8pm for me)
    Letting your stomach rest
    Eating light meals before heavier ones
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Another vote for "Eat Less, Move More"

It's simple and it works.
  • qtgonewild