Options
    MY VIRGIN EYES WITH THE SWEARING

but in all seriousness...

what cheeks?
    face cheeks
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Why can't i be like all the girls here at my college. They're all super ****ing skinny and can eat whatever the **** they want. One girl who only weighs 108 lbs ate two huge bowls of ice cream in front of me today and bragged about how lucky she was she didn't get fat.
    As someone who in high school ate "whatever the ****" I wanted and didn't gain weight, let me advise that eventually metabolism slows. The weight gains began shortly after college and continued until I got serious about watching what I ate and exercised more. Then I stopped and it came back. Now, I'm focusing on learning good healthy long-term habits to slowly lose the weight. I have now lost a little over 32 pounds since joining in Oct. 2013. There have been a few weeks where weight went up...sometimes because I wasn't drinking enough liquids and getting lots of sodium so I retained water, sometimes because I ate more food than I burnt off. One of those times was last week. I am not giving up because I don't want to have to start over again. You have to get yourself into that same frame of mind. You've lost 19 pounds....that makes you healthier than when you started.

My weight fluctuates a LOT over the course of a day (as much as four pounds some days). I would advise that if the fluctuations get you down, don't weigh more than once a week. Then focus on the downward trend over time and less on if every single weigh-in is a loss. Also, take measurements and see if those are going down. Take pictures. See if you're suddenly fitting into those jeans you "grew out of" or if the jeans that you're wearing now that are too snug are starting to get loose.
  • jerrya20904
    Options
    Maybe its just water retention. Happens all the time.
  • hulakatz
    hulakatz Posts: 4
    Options
    wow...19 lbs since January? awesome. and sincere congratulations.

In my younger years, I was skinny and could eat two bowls of ice cream and nothing would happen. Soooo different now after menopause.

I celebrate your progress. I celebrate your process with being healthy. You are so much further along than you know...
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Have you considered counseling? If you are in counseling, have you talked to your therapist about all of this?
    really. for this bears repeating and for good reason.
  • DogDead
    DogDead Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I put on 2 lbs, and maintained that weight for a week. On my next weigh in I lost 5 lbs! It's strange, but it happens. Don't give up, weight can fluctuate roughly 3 - 5 lbs per day apparently :smile:
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I got like 50 more to go to be like "the skinny girls" but I know that the s**t ain't happenin' this summer!! Your weight didn't just POP on your *kitten* overnight, it came after years, and it will take you just as long to shake the s**t off!! SO quit your mopin' get off your *kitten* and keep pushing...you'll be like the f**king girls but be a realist, the f**king weight ain't coming off like melted butter and you ain't gonna be a "super skinny girl" if you quit!!

Another thing, if you are doing this only to be a skinny girl, you will FAIL...do it because you want to not because you want to be what Hollywood and Barbie glorify as the ideal woman.

Hmpft...I got caught up in the swearing and the feel sorry for me's!! whoot whoot!!
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Have you considered counseling? If you are in counseling, have you talked to your therapist about all of this?
    really. for this bears repeating and for good reason.

From her profile "Hey! I'm a junior in college. I'm majoring in Psychology " OH MY! NO, just NO. :noway:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    3lbs of fat caloric wise is 10,500 calories. So unless you consumed that OVER what you normally eat, then it's water retention.

As for the girls who eat ice cream, etc. they are obviously still eating less/even of what they burn. You really don't know about their eating habits unless you follow them around the whole day.

19lbs is good. That's over 6lbs a month and if you CONTINUE to do that, you'll be succeed. DON'T compare yourself to others. Just compare your previous pics and clothing from the start.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

For normal people I'd say this. I used to, and still sometimes, look at my naturally thin friends as they eat terribly. However, they eat much smaller portions than I do regardless of what it is which is why they aren't fat. Ice cream girl could work out or eat less throughout the rest of the day. Maybe this was her cheat day. And if not, she may end upw ith a weight problem herself.

Who cares about anyone else. If I lost 19 pounds in 3-4 months I would not need to be losing weight anymore.

Put your big girl pants on and go workout to let off some of your excess steam. get a fresh perspective.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I got like 50 more to go to be like "the skinny girls" but I know that the s**t ain't happenin' this summer!! Your weight didn't just POP on your *kitten* overnight, it came after years, and it will take you just as long to shake the s**t off!! SO quit your mopin' get off your *kitten* and keep pushing...you'll be like the f**king girls but be a realist, the f**king weight ain't coming off like melted butter and you ain't gonna be a "super skinny girl" if you quit!!

Another thing, if you are doing this only to be a skinny girl, you will FAIL...do it because you want to not because you want to be what Hollywood and Barbie glorify as the ideal woman.

Hmpft...I got caught up in the swearing and the feel sorry for me's!! whoot whoot!!

LOL this made me laugh. You tell her :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I have been working out since January. I had lost 19 pounds up until yesterday.... in one night I gained three back.
    I also noticed that instead of losing neck fat, I'm gaining it. I'm losing my chin.
    My cheeks are still fat.
    My body is still disgusting.

I hate it.
    Why can't i be like all the girls here at my college. They're all super ****ing skinny and can eat whatever the **** they want. One girl who only weighs 108 lbs ate two huge bowls of ice cream in front of me today and bragged about how lucky she was she didn't get fat.

I usually eat pretty healthy. I have one cheat day a week. Otherwise I count my calories etc. I'm pretty good.
    So why the hell is nothing working. I just want to take a knife and just cut all my fat off. I hate this.

19 pounds in 3 months?! I've lost 2....quit your whining! Waaaaahhhhhhh! :sad:

PS.....calling troll
    I'm not a ****ing troll i'm a ****ing fat college student who ****ing hates her body so SHUT UP.
    Do you think that people in good mental health hate their own body and think it is disgusting?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So quit.
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have been working out since January. I had lost 19 pounds up until yesterday.... in one night I gained three back.
    I also noticed that instead of losing neck fat, I'm gaining it. I'm losing my chin.
    My cheeks are still fat.

I hate it.

I usually eat pretty healthy. I have one cheat day a week. Otherwise I count my calories etc. I'm pretty good.
    So why the hell is nothing working. I just want to take a knife and just cut all my fat off. I hate this.

PS.....calling troll
    I'm not a ****ing troll i'm a ****ing fat college student who ****ing hates her body so SHUT UP.

Wow. So much anger.....have a snickers.
  • DogDead
    DogDead Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Some people respond better to sympathy and encouragement, than the 'deal with it and move on' approach. She's clearly upset, think how you would like others to treat you if you were feeling like that:frown:
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Oh bother

Seriously

Talk to someone.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Oh that mean girl, eating ice cream in front of you! She soooo did that just to spite you! How dare she enjoy food! :mad:

:huh:

But seriously, worry about yourself. There will be weeks where you lose lots, weeks where you lose nothing and even weeks when you gain. It happens. We're not machines.

You have two choices. Either quit and remain unhealthy, or keep moving forward, be patient and watch your hard work pay off.

Your choice.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Remember, muscle weighs more than fat.

:flowerforyou:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My cheeks are still fat.

I hate it.

PS.....calling troll

Since, you're clearly from the south with all that charm, let me say...

"Bless your heart..."
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

NO!!!!
  • honeymonster
    honeymonster Posts: 3 Member
    Options

NO!!!!

I aggree, it really doesn't. Seeing comments like that always remind me of that trick question kids ask each other to catch each other out.

Which weighs more, a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks............?????
This discussion has been closed.