Can't seem to get the weight to start dropping

Options
So a little background, i'm a 5'10" approx 300lbs.. 5-6 years ago I dropped 80lbs went down to 220 which was great felt amazing.. went through some tough times etc and i'm back at 300.

Well hit a turning point a couple weeks ago.. and now i'm back in the gym everyday same routine as before 45 min elliptical workouts 3-4 weight exercises a day before work. 4-5 Small protein packed meals with more veggies and less junk eating and no eating after 7pm etc. I'm 5 weeks in now and I've dropped 0lbs.. at my weight it should melt off for the first month or two 2-3lbs a week.

Any ideas on how to shake it up and get my body burning fat again? Any websites for meal plans/exercise plans you suggest?

The only idea that I've had is cut out the meals altogether for a bit and do meal replacement protein shakes etc for breakfast and lunch and then just eat food for dinner and also maybe try and hit the gym twice a day 3-4 times a week.

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you need to be in a calorie deficit.

Are you in a calorie deficit?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you made your diary public, people could give you better advice. But in general, all you need to do right now is be in a caloric deficit. And that means picking an appropriate calorie goal per day, measuring your food using a digital scale and being honest about your logging. If you do that, you will lose fat. No need for shakes or meal replacements. Just eat real food, at an overall deficit from the amount of calories you burn.
  • ashleykenny8
    ashleykenny8 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Supplements and protein shakes are hard to maintain weight loss on. Once you come off of them, unless you are still eating a deficit still you will end up gaining the weight back. I think that now with the weather getting nicer you're going to see better results. Working out is great, but if you have an office job where you don't have a chance to get around much and you don't continue being active when you're home, the working out isn't enough. Gardening, hiking, just walking in general when the weather is nice is going to help I think.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Weigh/measure/log all of your food.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Weigh/measure/log all of your food.

This ^ plus eat less and move more then it goes, I now aim to eat maintenance calories but am gaining fitness and losing weight because of the exercise. My main advice is do it now it definitely gets harder as you get older!