Who gives you motivation?

Options
This may not apply to all of you but if it does, what famous person or person gets you motivated to lose weight?
For me, I've always wanted a smile like Frankie Muniz and I'm aiming at losing weight around my face, I've lost weight on my stomach but my face still looks bloated, this is the kind of smile I am aiming for :)

ims4dc.jpg

Replies

• Scottmufcrvp1
    Scottmufcrvp1 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    http://images.buddytv.com/articles/Image/what-are-they-up-to-Frankie-Muniz.jpg

Not sure how to show pictures but that's the link^
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options
    Bump
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options
    Bump
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options
    Anyone?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    People get inspiration from others. Motivation is an internal thing. You're either motivated to do something or not.

Someone can tell you all the right reasons to do something/achieve something, but unless one wants to truly do it, it ain't gonna happen.

I'm inspired by Jerry Rice and Frank Zane.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't need anybody but myself to give me motivation.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Myself? Being the best me I can be, and of course better health is motivating too.

Like ninerbuff said. (Except I'm not inspired by a celebrity).
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Haters. The people who treat you badly because of your weight. Health comes second.
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm not really motivated by any celebrities because it's all Photoshop and standards I don't want to live up to. I personally am motivated by pictures of myself 5 years ago when I was at my ideal weight.
  • nobunnies4u
    Options
    my mom...she's a fighter
  • mallory5385
    mallory5385 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I follow Ashy Bines on Instagram she is my favorite fitness person.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My MFP friends inspire me.
  • firestation12
    Options
    My mirror give me motivation every morning when I see myself.
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options
    Maybe motivation was the wrong word.. I mean, the way that helps me not eat over my calories limit is reminding me who or what I want to look like
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My MFP friends inspire me.

:flowerforyou: and a cupcake
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My father who was a strong and vigorous man until he retired. He then declared he was going to eat whatever he wanted. 50 lbs later, two heart attacks, two strokes and 6 months on a respirator struggling to let go.

This powerful man died in agony from congestive heart failure.
  • cassandracarrington1
    Options
    My family and children..... My Fairmount Go Zones children. (Like us on fb) And most important person in my life Christ! He puts it in my mind "You Got This"! Looking for more MFP Friends as well !
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm not motivated by no one famous. I'm motivated because of my awesome friends on MFP!
  • cassandracarrington1
    Options
    My father has CHF as well...Heart diease is the #1 slient killer in Black Women !
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    motivation is like a shower.. recommended daily.. you need to make your own motivation.. Fake it till you make it! I surround myself with positive people and support. That way when I don't feel like pushing play I see all my challengers, friends, family, and trainers getting it done and im like well they can do this ... they have time... i got this..

I never regret it... and then I'm happy! and I post... to help spread and pay it forward :) if one person sees me doing it and that inspires them to get it done... i did my job!

Inspire the world and you inspire yourself in the process