I'm freezing!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm always freezing too! Where I work, it seems like they always have the A/C way up (even in the colder weather). So, I have a fleece blanket at the my desk, a sweater that I keep here at work, and cotten gloves (yes, I can type with cotton gloves ;-) When we go into conference rooms for our team meetings, I always get picked on for bundling up.

But I'd much rather be cold than re-gain 123 lbs ;-)

Congrats on your success!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold too! Total I've lost about 122 pounds and I can never seem to get warm enough this winter. I layer and have sweaters for work, but I still feel chilly.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a huge amount of weight, and I do not have an accurate enough scale to judge body fat, but I am freezing this winter as well! I used to extremely seldom get cold and now I wear a coat inside! My insulation is leaving me!!!! which is awesome, but rather frigid :P
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    if your that cold in the winter time, eat a little bit more. it requires a tremendous amount of energy for the body to generate enough heat to keep warm. from my experience as an outdoorsman you generally need to eat about 30% more in the winter than you do in the summer, fats in particular. increase your calories by at least 10% and see if that helps.
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel...I haven't lost that much weight...but I've been feeling a lot colder this winter for some reason...I also semi blame the hot yoga I do...I feel like the workout in the uber hot room probably has something to do with the fact that I'm always cold this winter. Also...quite a number of years ago...I lost so much weight...I got down to 115 pounds (really not normal for my height...I was WAY too thin)...and I remember I was constantly FREEZING!!! I remember I would make my sister or brother go downstairs for me (where my bedroom was) to get me sweaters or blankets...I refused to go down there because I just couldn't stand it...so I know how you're feeling.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Still dropping weight and still freezing but I agree bring on the fire, fleece robe and blankets and the size 36 Levis :-) Have a wonderful Christmas
  • Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am freezing as well! And I completely understand the cravings for carbs. To help keep me warm I wear long-johns. Not sexy at all, but oh so cozy. I also really like the decorative scarf trend: a bright scarf paired with a warm sweater is very cozy as well! :)
  • Dlibo1013
    Options
    still cold here, wish i was spending Christmas in Sanibel :(
    First off you look OUTSTANDING, great job. Yes that is the biggest difference for me. I used to be hot all the time. Now I am freezing cold all the time. Wear jacket at work, cant get enough blankets on me at home. Sadly I live in Minnesota too :(. Keep up the good work you look lovely.
    So I reached my goal weight, and by sticking to MFP during my maintenance I have also unexpectedly reduced my body fat % from 30% to 22%. Which thrilled me all summer long, and got me thinking that I would like to make a new goal based on body fat %...but now that winter has officially arrived in New England...well I am just so darn cold! I normally love winter and snowboard and showshoe all season long but I don't know how I am going to manage this year! I find that with less "insulation" I am layering like crazy and still shivering all the time and am downright miserable! In fact I'm even avoiding going outside, and I've been turning the heat up higher in my home than I ever have!! My body is craving simple carbs and fat but I'm trying to be so good and stick to the lean protiens, veggies and complex carbs that got me here, fighting those primordial instincts with every bit of strength I have. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same experience?? Maybe we can build a huge bonfire and discuss it???:laugh:

Aw, thank you very much :blushing: And congrats to you on your weight loss so far - 71 # is very impressive!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it, i'm almost tempted to gain weight in winter and hibernate then get rid of it for summer, but that would be putting my body through too much.

I hate feeling the cold, i end up looking as big with the sheer amount of clothes i have to wear, as i did with 1 layer and my old fat

boohoo
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wish I was cold for two reasons:

A) I'd weigh a lot less
    B) I'm in Texas and I hate it here!
  • jonjoyner83
    Options
    I suffer from this as well. I am an avid outdoorsman and this AM in my normal attire I was freezing to the point I couldn't stand it. Last year, given equivelant temps, I was comfortable. I find that I am also turning up the tstat a lot more. What I saved in food will go to the utility bills...
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Well maybe my blood has thickened up a little bit since I first posted...either that or the 5.5 pounds I've gained since Thanksgiving has taken care of my insulation problems...:grumble:

At any rate, I plan on layering up and going snowshoeing in the morning...gotta love Blizzards! :bigsmile:
  • Dlibo1013
    Options
    welcome to my world, we have two feet on the ground. had to snow blow a path in my backyard for my black lab.
    Well maybe my blood has thickened up a little bit since I first posted...either that or the 5.5 pounds I've gained since Thanksgiving has taken care of my insulation problems...:grumble:

At any rate, I plan on layering up and going snowshoeing in the morning...gotta love Blizzards! :bigsmile:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi! I still have a lot of fat, but one of my best friends is thin to the point were you wonder if she eats (she does, its just her metabolism). So, she is always complaining how cold it is and shivering. But its also true that in addition to her horribly low body fat percentage she likes to wear trendy stuff and her winter clothes are not exactly what you would call really warm. I suggest using some special underwear stuff that they sell in sports shops - its expensive and you have to layer it correctly but If you have to go out it must be worth it. I heard from people that if you buy the correct stuff it works...
    Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS, wow!:)
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    LoL! I second that! Try out some Finnish winter! It has been about -15C to -20C for a while now and we are still waiting for the real cold.. :sick:

I truly hate cold from the bottom of my heart! :mad:

Ah, and here i thought I had finally met someone here who appreciates real cold. I'm preparing to move a Alaska within the next 6 weeks or so.