Am I in "starvation mode"?

Options
I am 6 foot, around 138 pounds, and I have been having strange things happen ever since I started having a deficit. I usually never eat more than 1500 calories a day, and recently I have been always feeling cold(even when it's warm), I have been having odd bowel habits (spouts of constipation and bloating), I feel tired and get dizzy spells, I feel moving in my stomach/pelvic region after eating. I eat healthy most of the time, and drink tons of water (more than anyone else I know). The constipation is starting to bug me, and I am sick of it. What's wrong?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You should check in with your doctor. There are a lot of things going wrong here.
  • coolcoolcool2
    coolcoolcool2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would ask your doctor.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Definitely talk to your doctor.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am 6 foot, around 138 pounds, and I have been having strange things happen ever since I started having a deficit. I usually never eat more than 1500 calories a day, and recently I have been always feeling cold(even when it's warm), I have been having odd bowel habits (spouts of constipation and bloating), I feel tired and get dizzy spells, I feel moving in my stomach/pelvic region after eating. I eat healthy most of the time, and drink tons of water (more than anyone else I know). The constipation is starting to bug me, and I am sick of it. What's wrong?

You are an 18 year old male, who is 6 ft tall and weighs 138lbs...and eats 1500 calories a day...

You have asked this question 3x already, talked about binges and eating a whole box of oreos...

If you really are the stats you say you are 5 inches taller, 20 years younger a male and weigh and eat less than me...

Eat some food really food like a hunk of steak, some carrots and potatoes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Time for the doctor. It sounds like you have some disordered thoughts around food.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I might take you up on that. :bigsmile:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Seek professional help...or at least a doctor.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

You are an 18 year old male, who is 6 ft tall and weighs 138lbs...and eats 1500 calories a day...

You have asked this question 3x already, talked about binges and eating a whole box of oreos...

If you really are the stats you say you are 5 inches taller, 20 years younger a male and weigh and eat less than me...

That^^^^
    Or go seek help from a medical professional to resolve your issues.

Or, if this individual is trolling (since there have been similar stories floating around the forums lately from new/low post accounts), they should get a hobby. I've heard knitting is fun.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I was going to say no, but they I actually read the OP and so now I'm just gonna say 'Yes. The only want to correct this is to eat more. Please do that ASAP.'
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If you're really a 6 ft. tall 18-year-old male, then you are underweight and this is causing you trouble. If you are trolling, then as a previous poster suggested, get a new hobby.
  • nsimon24
    nsimon24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to be a really thin, young corpse due to heart failure brought on by a severely weakened heart muscle, I'd see a doctor and get help.

You should be eating over 2600 calories just for maintenance assuming a moderate lifestyle.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    One gander at your series of posts and I smell something fishy. 19 different stories all with different details and none of it matches up.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    One gander at your series of posts and I smell something fishy. 19 different stories all with different details and none of it matches up.

It's similar to another account whose thread I posted in. 18 year old male with calorie problems. Between binging and eating too little. Their weights weren't matching up in those threads and the stories weren't adding up either. Can't pull them up anymore, since they're not in my recent topics.

Edit: searched farther, found it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1233748-addicted-to-counting-calories-any-advice

Similar height, weight, and also joined in March 2014 and had a similar amount of posts before that account deactivated.
    OP, if you're trolling, you really need to stop with these stories. If you're serious about your goals, then make use of this site, instead of posting behind a blank brand new account.

If you aren't, I'd still recommend not posting behind a blank brand new account.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    If you are serious, it sounds like you need advice from a qualified professional who can help you with your disordered eating and body image issues. Talk to a doctor. You can also start with calling the National Eating Disorder Association. Their mission is to support individuals and families affected by eating disorders, and serve as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care. The website is a great place to start for those who want help.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

Call the toll-free, confidential Helpline, Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST) at 1-800-931-2237

If you're trolling, well, that is also very sad, but in a different way.