p90x...worth buying??

Options
hi,

am currently doing the 30day shred but have seen some posts about p90x

is it worth buying? how long are the workouts?i usually do up to 2 1/2hours a day exercising so i'm not afraid of hard work.

would love any opinions, good or bad, on p90x

oh, and i noticed alot of advertising for shakeology with it...is this available in the uk? and is it necessary??

Replies

• tknuzum
    Options
    I bought this for my boyfriend in November, he likes it. I am going to start Jan 3. The work outs are an hour so per vidoe but some days you have to do two vidoes. I think they are well worth it if you are going to go ahead and kick @$$ and do them. If not then no. But thats my opinion. Good luck no matter what you decide!
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth doing! Im on day 70 today and I have never been as strong, healthy, fit, flexible and happy with my lifestyle than now! Its the WHOLE nine yards...its from 60min-90min depending on what day you are doing, so you have:

Upper body (4 workouts) - 60minutes
    Lower body - 60 minutes
    KenpoX (boxing) - 60minutes
    YogaX - 90 minutes
    Stretch - 60 minutes
    CardioX - 45 minutes
    Plometrics (jump training) - 60 minutes
    AbsX - 16 minutes

You basically do Abs with all the strength training days and you dont do it on cardio days, so its one day with and one day without. One day is rest or stretch day- so 6 days a week!

I love it and I bet you will love it too!!
  • MrOutfit
    Options
    P90x is definitely worth it. I am currently using it as my daily fitness routine and have gained a lot of muscle with it. I don't take Shakeology because it contains whey protein, and I am allergic to whey. My wife drinks Shakeology everyday, she loves it, feel free to ask her what she thinks about it. Her screen name is Cdeguc. Overall, P90x is a great fitness program, and it evens has yoga.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm living proof that it works
  • I too would like to buy the set, my worry is will i have enough time in my day to fit in an hour and a half everyday. I work full time 12 hour days and also am a full time mother of 3, work, school work, cooking, cleaning, bathes etc makes it hard to fit in long workouts. Any suggestion??? Getting up earlier isnt a good one either lol i am already up at 3... please please please someone help me
  • Willowy_Jen
    Willowy_Jen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It is a good program. If you stick to it.
    My problem with it is keeping up with it, after like week 1 I skip a day or two then by week 3 or 4 I'm not even doing it anymore... almost wish i had someone to workout with me or someone to talk about it with that wont judge lol
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    For me, it's either a choice of buying P90X or Insanity. Not sure about jumping as it can be heard from upstairs lol but I really wanna do one of them.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    hi,

am currently doing the 30day shred but have seen some posts about p90x

is it worth buying? how long are the workouts?i usually do up to 2 1/2hours a day exercising so i'm not afraid of hard work.

would love any opinions, good or bad, on p90x

oh, and i noticed alot of advertising for shakeology with it...is this available in the uk? and is it necessary??

In my opinion P90X is totally worth buying. Shakeology is not necessary and I also think it is not available in the UK. As has been stated, the average P90X work out is roughly 60 mins long. With and additional 16 mins 3 days a week.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • Stooooo
    Options
    For me, it's either a choice of buying P90X or Insanity. Not sure about jumping as it can be heard from upstairs lol but I really wanna do one of them.

Honest opinion, there is less jumping in P90X. Insanity there is pretty much jumping at least 2 days a week. P90X plyo on only happens once a week. Just my 2 cents, not that you want it.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    SO worth it!!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

Honest opinion, there is less jumping in P90X. Insanity there is pretty much jumping at least 2 days a week. P90X plyo on only happens once a week. Just my 2 cents, not that you want it.
    Hey, I WANT your two cents, I just didn't want to disappoint you if I didn't buy it right away, which we can't do.
  • PContreras8
    Options
    My husband and I did the workout for about 2 months. It definetly is a kick *kitten* workout. You just need to make sure that you have all the equipment thats required such as pull up bars and weights oh and a stool. We did not follow the exact eating program. just watched what we ate like a hawk. But it was very exhausting for 6 days a week of intense workout. I opted not to do the Yoga since I suck at it. I subsituted a walk or run on those days.
    You can probably find it way cheaper on Ebay. You can buy the original dvd's or buy the pirated ones. If you do opt for pirated make sure you print out the workout calander online.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Has anyone who was quite obeses or not fit at all done P90X...
    I have found in the past, workout dvds to be overwhelming since I wasnt able to keep up and just got frustrated
    So ...anyone?
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I have found in the past, workout dvds to be overwhelming since I wasnt able to keep up and just got frustrated
    So ...anyone?

Yes I have done P90X when I was quite heavy. It can be done. Tony shows you ways to modify pretty much every exercise. There are also a few different versions that you can do. I think the Lean Version would be good to start out with.

Hope this help,

Stu
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did the workout for about 2 months. It definetly is a kick *kitten* workout. You just need to make sure that you have all the equipment thats required such as pull up bars and weights oh and a stool. We did not follow the exact eating program. just watched what we ate like a hawk. But it was very exhausting for 6 days a week of intense workout. I opted not to do the Yoga since I suck at it. I subsituted a walk or run on those days.
    You can probably find it way cheaper on Ebay. You can buy the original dvd's or buy the pirated ones. If you do opt for pirated make sure you print out the workout calander online.

Is there a need for special equipment though? I've been thinking I'd like to try this but didn't know the DVDs only will give as good of results. Thoughts?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    So ...anyone?

Someone name Nubyia1 on youtube and who has an account here has done P90X. You can see her on youtube working out hard. She's a great inspiration.
  • skinnyack
    Options
    I don't have a pull up bar. I've faked it with a stretch band around my bed post- not really the same thing but it's where we are at. Tony is pretty clear about set a goal and go for it. If you are not in shape your goal can be 2 push ups instead of 10 - just keep on moving it up each week. I was given burned copies of the disks. I sometimes wish I had the actual literature to go along with it but there is alo t of stuff out there on google about it. I felt great doing it everyday for two weeks but then I decided I wanted to focus more on running right now- so I use it as a supplement to my running and training schedule. When I don't feel like or can't go run I pop one in. The YOGA and CORE is AWESOME! It is definitely worth it and much cheaper (and possibly more effective) then hiring a trainer.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It is definitely worth it and much cheaper (and possibly more effective) then hiring a trainer.

It absolutely is. I was at the gym a few weeks ago and watched a trainer train someone. i don't know if she was on her knees doing push-ups because she wasn't strong enough yet or because that training session was costing so much. The trainer lacked enthusiasm and the session went super slow. I wasn't impressed at all.

Everytime I finish a P90X or Insanity DVD I feel like I really killed it.
  • sheenabe
    sheenabe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So ...anyone?

i was quite heavey when I started P90X, and it was no piece of cake, but it is totally doable!! You do what you can and the changes are amazing!!! i was rocking it by the end of the 90 days!! I lost a total of 20lbs and a bunch of inches. If you are commited give it a shot it is completely worth it!!