80lbs lost - progress photos inside!!

Options
I am 9 months into my second attempt at losing weight. In that time, I've lost 66.4lbs. I'm down 80.7 pounds from my highest known weight, I only started taking progress photos about a month into this second attempt, so the weight difference between the following photos is only 53.6 pounds, but it's still a significantly huge difference.

8moprogress_1_zps3c1d80b2.jpg

8moprogress_2_zps0bd7ba21.jpg

I never could have imagined that I was capable of losing such a large amount of weight, nor that I would be on the side of progress that I have less weight to lose than I've already lost. I'm not sure if I'm going to go all the way to my GW, but if I do, I still only have 44lbs to go.

I feel a million times better having so much weight off my body, I have almost too much energy, (to the point where it's almost an issue because I often forget how to relax), I've started running, which I never thought I'd ever be capable of, let alone want to do. In fact, I'm running my first 5K in a week.

If anyone who sees this post ever feels discouraged or like giving up, I promise you, it is worth getting over those hurdles to keep going and you are more than capable, even if you think you aren't.

For the record, I am not on a diet, I've completely changed how I eat for the rest of my life. I also do not do deprivation, (in fact, I had a Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger tonight and went over my allotted calories as a result, but tomorrow is a new day and, more often than not, I am under my calories). I eat 1600-1730 calories per day and I make sure to get plenty of protein. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, (but no more than 4), and I do a half hour of cardio followed by a half hour of strength training. On Thursdays, I do my half hour of cardio and then a half hour of person training which varies from weight lifting to boxing.

So that's my story so far, thanks for letting me share!

Replies

• BriUnderMe
    BriUnderMe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What a difference, you look great! Very inspiring! Congratulations!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wow! Such a difference. Your hard work is definitely paying off!

Congrats!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Even the color of your skin looks so much healthier and full of vitality! Keep it up :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • cindismilez
    cindismilez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful..... I just started a raw vegan juicing smoothie thing ... for life.... only my 5th day but u r a great motivator... ty... I hope the lbs keep melting off for u.... best to u always
  • design1414
    design1414 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a difference. Congratulations to you!!!
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What huge difference! It looks like much more than 50some pounds. Great job, girl!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I can see a huge difference. Awesome job !
  • EverythingNicki
    Options
    You look amazing! I bet you feel amazing too! Nice dedication and great results!
  • glitterandmagic
    glitterandmagic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thats amazing! congratulations!
  • Day58
    Day58 Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow!!!
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    I am very proud of you and what you are accomplishing ! Thank you for the inspiration ! Great Job !!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your pictures !! you are right what an amazing change!!! Great work!!
  • aly1103
    aly1103 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Was feeling discouraged that I have not lost any weight in two weeks...thanks for the inspiration! You look great!
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on the loss so far, inspiring! Best of luck on the continued journey :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    This is SO GREAT and so inspiring!!! Congratulations to you!!!!! Keep the momentum going!! :):)
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Wow!
    Well done to YOU!!

Incredible work :smile:
  • karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! Way to go doesn't it feel great?!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    You are fabulous! AND inspirational.:flowerforyou:
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Such a difference! Definitely inspirational! You look wonderful!!
  • MummatoSkye
    Options
    Wow, well done. So inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!