New to mfp

Options
But Im not new to fitness. 2001 marked the beginning of a cascade of physical (torn ligaments in left knee, torn trapazoid muscle, hyperextended elbow, torn ligaments in wrist) injuries that took me away from a fairly active lifestyle and confined my physical activity to work, which while active wasn't active enough to counteract the fact I was still eating like I was still highly active. March of 2013 I stepped onto a scale and saw the consequences of such, rocking out at a whopping 330 lbs I just felt my heart sink. As of today I am 275 lbs, lost through a combination of heavy weight training and caloric restriction combined with mild cardio since my knee won't generally support an all out run any longer, at least not for longer than a few minutes at a time and only if I want to wear a brace for several days after. This morning marked the first time in 12 years I have been able to squat 385 lbs with a full range of movement and deadlift 400+ without feeling as if my former injuries were going to come back and haunt me.

I am Seth and I got this. :D

Replies

• kbyebea
    kbyebea Posts: 30
    Options
    I am Bea, and I understand that you def got this.
  • gaffers3006
    Options
    Hi I too am new to mfp (although I have had the app for 2 years!!) and again like you I am not new to fitness even though I have always had an issue with my weight. I work hard in the gym but now need to start shifting this weight!
  • brieskie
    brieskie Posts: 33
    Options
    Boom! That kind of lifting sounds like a machine to me! I'm always looking for motivation... Would love to work through your journey with you :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello there! You are well on your way!