Exante!! Need motivation!

Options
Iv just started the exante diet! I'm on day 4 but need lots of motivation cos boy am I hungry! I can't stop thinking about food!! Feel free to add me and more so if your on the exante diet too! :)

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    terrible idea.

this site s filled with people who have also done very restrictive diets in the past, lost weight and subsequently quickly gained it all back once they started eating normally again. those are just facts. you dont need motivation with those odds, you'd need a miracle

why not learn better eating habits that you can stick with for the rest of your life?
  • natcjt
    natcjt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I am starting the Exante diet next week!
    How are you doing on it?
    I previously did the Cambridge Diet, I then through fault of my own, heavy Uni work and Very bad diet put 3 stone back on and even more!
    I know exactly what I need to do to maintain it after. Exercise and healthy eating, also after the first step..build the calories back up!
    You might know all of this sorry, its just my experience.
    I am starting Exante because its cheaper and will motivate me to keep going.
    If you need an exante buddy just add me! :)
  • roro_1991
    Options
    I'm also starting Exante, plan on starting it next week and just wondering if anyone has any tips for the diet and how to cope?
    I work as a nurse so I'm a little nervous about how I'll cope on 13 hour shifts!!
  • natcjt
    Options
    Hey roro_1991, I find drinking 3 litres of water a day keeps you full. Mixing the diet up shake / bar / meal really makes a difference! I find the bars really keep me full for longer. I sometime have to do 13 hour shifts, so I find water is the best way to keep going, even out your meals and after a few days when you hit ketosis the hunger won't be there!
    Distract yourself, I've found in the past that if I have cheated on the diet I think ' I could have been there by now'.
    Just motivation, water, and mixing up the diet to suit you and your work hours! Hope this helps :) x
  • Reeder2B
    Reeder2B Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have started this diet today, how did you all get on, and did you get good results?
  • natcjt
    Options
    hey ashleighhealy,

I've been on it about 1 month now (had to come off for a week due to illness) and I have lost 15lbs!
    1 stone a month isn't bad
    Good luck with your diet and let us know how you get on :)

Nat
  • byebyeband
    byebyeband Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am following exante too. I am finding it really easy and the food is tasty enough. I mean - it's not going to be michelin star, but it tastes like bog standard ready meal taste to me. I don't eat them normally because of that - and because I like real home cooked tasty food, but on a diet if it tastes like that, then that's fine as it is better than it could be.

The only meal i haven't liked was the curry. The smell was like hot boiled cardboard as opposed to curry… the taste however, was not so bad. Halfway on the road to a thai style curry… it was a shame but it was not unpleasant entirely. I would say 6/10. Everythign else so far has been absolutely fine and for meal replacements… wonderful!!! I have ordered some of the shakes, but I am not a big fan. I would rather be pretending to eat something, and if its hot, then it makes me feel like I have had a proper meal!

I am loving it and on day 6 so apparently I have gone through the worst part… I didn't notice to be honest :)

So far - 7lbs down. Very happy!!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all. However, since most of you are new to mfp, why don't you spend a little time searching the forums and reading about the different ways to lose weight in a healthy way? Typically, the meal replacement diets don't end well and are usually expensive. The problem is you don't really learn how to have a healthy relationship with food, so when you transition off, you gain the weight back. One of you said you had done the Cambridge diet previously, obviously that didn't work because you are trying yet another MR diet. Seriously, please consider just stopping "dieting". Learn how to eat foods you love in moderation, in a moderate calorie deficit and lose the weight and keep it off. Whatever you decide, I wish you well.