when craving sweets......

Options
When you are craving sweets what do you turn to instead?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I eat the sweets...I have a daily habit of logging in my chocolate eggs atm...before the eggs it was chocolate covered almonds, before that the toaster strudle.
  • EvanElric
    EvanElric Posts: 34
    Options
    If I have calories left I'll head straight for the freezer for ice cream. Or maybe a cookie (:

If I've used all my calories it's a cup of tea. :sad:
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I leave enough calories so I can have an ice cream bar every night. Don't try to cut out everything you like or you'll be more apt to cheat,
  • LouiseB1991
    LouiseB1991 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know diet drinks are really bad for you but I go for fanta zero or similar. Still tastes sweet but without the calories :)
  • Andaisy1
    Andaisy1 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If I have something sweet around, I'll have a small serving. If I don't have anything on hand, I resort to chocolate milk. I try not to go out and buy something if I'm craving sweets, that leads to bad things :laugh:
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If I can't fit them into my macros for the day, generally have a little pot of sugar free jelly or a couple of marshmallows! Also, freezing some red grapes are delicious & really do the trick for me, they turn into a kinda sorbet & are lovely & sweet!
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Toothpaste - nothing tastes the same after toothpaste

Unless, like other posters, I have allowed space for a treat, in which case, yummy :devil:
  • Tisiwa
    Tisiwa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I plan to have a sweet, and leave calories for them, or work in a decent workout so that I can have the sweet of my choice. It's like money you must learn to ration it out wisely. I certainly am more aware of what's what, before, I dive in to that sweet treat. It has to be worthy of the calories. If not I scale back and make a better choice. Good Luck.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I learned early on that avoiding those things the rest of my life was going to be an unreasonable game plan so I worked on a plan that aloud me to have those things that I like in moderation. Learning to fit them into my calorie goals for the day and by doing so removed all thoughts of craving something because I was allowing myself the very things that I thought I would always have to do without..... Best of Luck...
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Mmmm
  • harmonyyyxo
    harmonyyyxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually have a piece of sugary fruit (ie half a banana/ 1/4 mango / 16 grapes / small apple) between breakfast and lunch as my mid morning snack. In the evening I allow myself up to 150cals max of dark chocolate. This all fits within my ccals, carbs sugars etc and This deffs works for me :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I eat what I crave. I don't have 'sweets' cravings. I have specific cravings.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I still have my sweets but instead of eating a whole bag of drumstick squashies in one evening I weigh out 50g sit down with a coffee and I enjoy each and every one of them.
    And I always take 3 mint humbugs to work with me as I suck them and they last me ages, I don't deprive myself but I manage myself.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I eat a small portion of what I crave. If I still have the craving the following day then I will have another small portion of what I want.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I like to plan ahead for cravings. When I'm going thru a period of sweet cravings (but not necessarily wanting tons of calories), I'll make sugar-free (or regular) orange jello, and add a drained can of pineapple tidbits to it while it's still setting. And if I end up eating the whole container of jello instead of just 25% it like I'd planned? Meh, it's like 350 calories for the entire recipe.

Or just eat an orange, that works for me, too, if I didn't already have the jello made ahead.

If I'm looking for a little more mouth-feel to fulfill that sweet craving, then I usually go for toast or crispbread with neufchatel and low-sugar strawberry preserves. Mmmm. Also: keep cut up bananas in the freezer, put some in a ninja/blender, add frozen or fresh berries, then a little bit of water/applejuice or crystal light lemonade. Blend for a homemade sorbet. DELISH!

I don't tend to have sugary/pastry/donut/cookie-type cravings anymore. Chocolate sometimes, but when I crave chocolate, I just have chocolate!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    cereal, flavored tea, club soda, eat my meal at an earlier time than planned, drink water, ... I don't have any sweets in my house. so if the craving is there its tough cookie for me. lol. sometimes I do love me a yogurt parfait from mcdonalds but it is 2 miles away to walk to so if I want one, I have to get there first then walk back home. that is what I do. if there is room for "sweets" in your day's allowed calories and it wont prevent you from eating a good meal with your needed daily vitamins/'nurtients then have it, count it and move on guilt free. if there isn't, then make yourself get an extra workout in or go longer/faster so that you can have it.
  • PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat a small portion of dark chocolate so I don't feel as guilty as with milk chocolate or other stuff... they say dark chocolate is good for you and you should eat it everyday (in small portions sadly :sad: )

But if a have sweet cravings I try to have a sweet healthy snack instead of a salty one i.e: a bit of peanut butter in a wholemeal thin bread with a 1/2 tblspoon of honey and a banana. I do this snack before I go to the gym... it is sweet enough to kill cravings and it is actually not unhealthy.

I also have collected pinterests of what i call 'Healthy treats; with easy ideas for when you crave sweet. Mainly are fruit combine with a bit of chocolate in different ways.

:happy:
  • helizi
    helizi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate. It doesn't have any fewer calories than a handful of sweets, but it takes me longer to finish.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I fit them into my diary. Yesterday I had some chocolate orange. Tonight I'm out for dinner and cheesecake will be happening.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the sweets and just fit them into my calories. Sometimes eating fruit helps too.