I'm not losing weight?

Options
Hi guys, well basically I'm quite overweight at the moment so I'm trying to lose weight. I am currently eating around 1200/1300 calories per day and burning about 1000 (been slacking for the last two days but have done it for about 4 days) but I haven't lost any weight? I use the my fitness pal app which says if I eat 1200 cals and burn 1000 I would weigh 10stone 2 in 5 weeks. that's a 18lb loss so I'm not expecting results that good in 5 weeks but I'm hoping to atleast lose 10lbs but after 4 days my weight hasn't budged when I thought it would have as there is 3500 calories in a pound - I think- and I had burnt around 4000 in the last four days. please help what am I doing wrong. really need to lose this 10lbs. thanks.

ps I've been doing the eating 1200 burning 1000 for about 5 days now :)

Replies

• yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You are only netting 200 when you burn 1000 calories and only eat 1200. You need to eat back your exercise calories. You are absolutely not eating enough!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    How are you burning 1000 calories a day? If you're taking the estimated calorie burn the machine tells you or entering your exercises into MFP and using the burn provided, sorry to tell you your actual burn is probably much less.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If you are burning 1000 cals a day and eating 1200, you are in starvation mode. Your body will hold on to weight because it thinks you are starving and need to conserve.

Try eating 1800 calories and only burning about 400 calories and see how you do for a few weeks. Cutting back too drastically, especially when you've probably been eating 2500 - 3000 calories a day before you started this, just isn't sustainable.
  • izzienelsonn
    izzienelsonn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor and I do Zumba power for an hour an a half :)
  • izzienelsonn
    Options
    If you are burning 1000 cals a day and eating 1200, you are in starvation mode. Your body will hold on to weight because it thinks you are starving and need to conserve.

Try eating 1800 calories and only burning about 400 calories and see how you do for a few weeks. Cutting back too drastically, especially when you've probably been eating 2500 - 3000 calories a day before you started this, just isn't sustainable.

okay thankyou will try this
  • izzienelsonn
    Options
    How are you burning 1000 calories a day? If you're taking the estimated calorie burn the machine tells you or entering your exercises into MFP and using the burn provided, sorry to tell you your actual burn is probably much less.

I use a heart rate monitor which tells me and I do Zumba power for an hour and a half :)
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options

I use a heart rate monitor which tells me and I do Zumba power for an hour and a half :)

Good grief!! What HRM do you use?

I do Zumba rush for 70 mins and it can range from around 550-650 BUT I weight 234 pounds so am moving a lot more weight around than you.

What does your heart rate get up to? I'm super curious!!

Also echo the above, if you really are burning 1000 you need to be eating at least half of that back along with your TDEE minus whatever it's set at to lose weight at.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are eating too little, but I think people are missing another point--it's only been 4 days. You're going to need some patience in order to be successful at weight loss.
  • izzienelsonn
    Options

Good grief!! What HRM do you use?

I do Zumba rush for 70 mins and it can range from around 550-650 BUT I weight 234 pounds so am moving a lot more weight around than you.

What does your heart rate get up to? I'm super curious!!

Also echo the above, if you really are burning 1000 you need to be eating at least half of that back along with your TDEE minus whatever it's set at to lose weight at.
    I use a GARMIN one and my heart rate peaks at 170bpm but is around 130 for most of the workout am I'm 5 foot 6 inches and weigh 160.8 pounds. I do Zumba power- one of the older ones not sure if it's any different? :)
  • izzienelsonn
    Options
    okay. thanks. :) I used a BMR calculator online which told me my BMR was 1646 or something around that- is that an indicator of how many calories I should be eating?
  • whisperfitandhealthy
    Options
    It's only been 4 days. Check your weight in a week. And please eat more. Fill up on good food.
  • RhysJ13
    RhysJ13 Posts: 72
    Options
    It's only been 4 days. Check your weight in a week. And please eat more. Fill up on good food.

This, this, this and this.

Be honest with yourself: how long did it take you to get what you feel is out of shape. Months? Years? However long, I'm guessing it was longer than 4 days. It's unreasonable to expect any changes in the opposite direction to be significantly faster.
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It does take time, if we could all instantly lose weight after working out for a week, I doubt anyone would be overweight!

It is a shame we cannot see your food diary because if you are eating 1,200 calories a day of fatty foods, it will be harder to lose weight then if you are eating a well balanced and healthful 1,200 calorie diet.

That being said, if you are burning 1,000 calories and netting 200 on your food intake, that isn't ideal as well. You need to make sure you replace some of those burnt calories with nutritious foods and protein. If you are having trouble figuring out what to eat there are plenty of meal plans easily accessible online, I know Blogilates TV does a lot of healthful meal plans. Hope that helps a little? lol