binged really bad.

Options

Replies

• ohheyyitsrenee
    ohheyyitsrenee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Worry not we all do this sometimes and the bloat is temporary, your body sometimes just needs a break from the restriction, I've done this with peanut butter before it's very easy and don't worry it's just a slip (I think people are getting defensive about the term binge as it's a chronic eating disorder and are upset you're calling a one off overeating sesh a binge). But to not develop this into disordered eating whatever you do don't over restrict today to make up for it, just carry on as normal, otherwise you may crack again and get into a restrict binge cycle xxx

Yeah I see that people get defensive and to be honest It made me a little upset because what people don't know is that I do have disordered eating and I do have an eating disorder and I am my third month of recovery. So me calling it a binge is acceptable and me freaking out about it is very acceptable. Coming from a girl who used to only eat 900 calories a day and is now eating 1500, of course I will freak out when I eat way over that. But like you said, It's normal and not to worry about. So I won't!
  • Tisiwa
    Tisiwa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I suggest you push the reset button. We all have these moments. Peanut Butter is a good fat, it's one thats simply high in calories, and protein too. TODAY is a new day. Work in your special treats, and it will be easier to get thru the rough times.

Good Luck.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    I think you need a new scale.

^^ This! haha

Oooooor there something else going on in that body of yours. Never ever heard of a 15lb wt gain overnight. But that doesn't matter. I hope it was good, you enjoyed it and leave it at that!! :)

Have a great (and probably peanut butter-less) day!
    No worries girl!

honestly it's very possible with my body because it's used to eating so little, since I went months with restricting it. But that peanut butter was very good! So oh well, it's a new day.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    I suggest you push the reset button. We all have these moments. Peanut Butter is a good fat, it's one thats simply high in calories, and protein too. TODAY is a new day. Work in your special treats, and it will be easier to get thru the rough times.

Good Luck.

Thank you! Exactly, I'm just starting today as new day, not eating less then normal like I want to but I'm just acting like last night never happened!
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    I think you need a new scale.

That's what I'm saying... I was WTF! But the scale is pretty accurate because I tested it yesterday. I weighed myself on it then I went to the gym and weighed myself on the one there and the weight said the same.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Yeah I didn't even attempt to log it either!

I don't understand why you wouldn't log everything, good and bad. You aren't helping yourself by selectively tracking your food!
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options

I don't understand why you wouldn't log everything, good and bad. You aren't helping yourself by selectively tracking your food!

I always log everything but when you're eating peanut butter straight from the jar and not from a TBSP it's kind of hard to track it!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

I always log everything but when you're eating peanut butter straight from the jar and not from a TBSP it's kind of hard to track it!

I'm not letting you off the hook that easy! :wink: You said:
    ... eating about 7 servings of peanut butter is about 1260 more calories then normal. i gained 15 pounds of water weight over night.

So log 7 servings of PB, be accountable - once this is logged in you can chip away at its effects by looking at it from a weekly perspective. Consider this tough MFP love :smile:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

you said it was 1/4 of a 16 oz jar. so, 4 oz is what you ate. lets say there are about 32 oz in a 190 cal serving of PB, and approximately 28.5 grams in 1 ounce. so we can conclude you ate about 114 oz of PB, which comes out to about 3.5 servings, which is about 665 calories.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I mean they say you should have a cheat day once a week.

Who is they? Also a little peanut butter sounds like a rookie binge to me. Call me when you polish off two pints of ice cream, a giant bag of peanut M&Ms, and 40 pizza rolls.
  • harmonyyyxo
    harmonyyyxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's not that bad of a binge. Don't about it and whatever you do o not try to make up for it the next day. This led me to having disordered eating patterns for a few weeks which I've now come out of. Stay on track and try having a cheat meal and maybe a snack at the end of the week. Do this every week sensibly and a binge will probably never happen again :)
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't think you know what binging is. Binging is uncontrollable emotional eating. 1000 calories isn't a binge, it's overeating and won't hurt you if you do it very seldom.
  • patmoomur
    patmoomur Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When I have a binge day ,which I do now and then, I increase my cardio the next week and forget about it. We all slip. Get back on track. Don't tell yourself anything negative about it and just say I'm still on a diet and get right back on track. I had one recently for my birthday. This is what I did and in no time I was feeling right back on track. I would say that one day a week is too much. It may be enough to keep you in a place of no change. I try to fit my binges in with the calorie intake allowed, i.e. I had French Crepe yesterday. More cheese than I usually eat but I adjusted the rest of the day accordingly. Hope this helps. Asking for help was the first and correct step. So kudos for doing that.
  • samyadas
    samyadas Posts: 9
    Options
    relax and move on. one binge will have minimal effects. if you keep repeating it that's an issue.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    are you sure you dont mean 5lbs? :P
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

honestly it's very possible with my body because it's used to eating so little, since I went months with restricting it. But that peanut butter was very good! So oh well, it's a new day.

I thought you said you eat 1500 cals per day?
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options

you said it was 1/4 of a 16 oz jar. so, 4 oz is what you ate. lets say there are about 32 oz in a 190 cal serving of PB, and approximately 28.5 grams in 1 ounce. so we can conclude you ate about 114 oz of PB, which comes out to about 3.5 servings, which is about 665 calories.

Lol. That's not a REALLY BAD BINGE. Lol. Don't be so dramatic.

honestly, i don't need your rude comments. thanks.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options

thanks.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    i do but that's just recently. for 6 months i put my body under torture of only eating 900 calories a day and i was losing a pound a week. i don't eat enough for my body yet but i'm slowly increasing my calories.

I thought you said you eat 1500 cals per day?