50 pounds gone, 50 pounds to go!

Options
Today is a very special day for me, I have reached the halfway point in my weight loss, 50 pounds gone ! I feel so incredible, not just by the way I look but the energy I have. I had no idea that changing the amount of food I eat and adding exercise to my diet would do so many wonderful things.
A bit of my story.... I am 28 years old 5'5 started at 235 pounds. I was always slim growing up 135 pounds before having kids and then I had six kids back to back and one after another I started getting bigger and bigger. I had such low self esteem and started to hate myself. December 2013 I went to a Christmas party and remember sitting there and looking around at everyone and thought, I'm not going to see any of these people until this time next year, why not do something different this year? After that I joined the gym, got on MFP and totally changed my life. It seriously was that simple. Hard work and dedication pay off and I am so thankful for all my friends and family who have encouraged my this far.

[ img ]http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab321/ChristineOlivarri/CURRENT_PROGRESS_TWO_zpsbeedfef2.jpg[ /img ]

Replies

• jessiej99
    jessiej99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is terrific! !!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Today is a very special day for me, I have reached the halfway point in my weight loss, 50 pounds gone ! I feel so incredible, not just by the way I look but the energy I have. I had no idea that changing the amount of food I eat and adding exercise to my diet would do so many wonderful things.
    A bit of my story.... I am 28 years old 5'5 started at 235 pounds. I was always slim growing up 135 pounds before having kids and then I had six kids back to back and one after another I started getting bigger and bigger. I had such low self esteem and started to hate myself. December 2013 I went to a Christmas party and remember sitting there and looking around at everyone and thought, I'm not going to see any of these people until this time next year, why not do something different this year? After that I joined the gym, got on MFP and totally changed my life. It seriously was that simple. Hard work and dedication pay off and I am so thankful for all my friends and family who have encouraged my this far.

CURRENT_PROGRESS_TWO_zpsbeedfef2.jpg

Congratulations!!
  • kpinnock611
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up girlie!
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    woo!! you look incredibly good :)
  • ChristineOlivarri
    ChristineOlivarri Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the pic I couldn't get it to work :)
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    It is so hard but you are worth it!.
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look great and so much happier. Congrats :)
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! Congratulation on your 50 pounds loss and it your positive attitude towards the next 50! What have work for you?
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great Job! keep up the hard work and good luck on the journey.
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    50lbs is alot for 3 months. congrats on your hard work paying off.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Amazing! you really knocked it out of the ball park!
  • Tisiwa
    Tisiwa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wonderful accomplishment.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    50lbs is alot for 3 months. congrats on your hard work paying off.

^^ Totally true!! Thats amazing! And damn girl, you look REALLY young to have 6 kids back-to-back! Apparently weight doesn't affect everything :flowerforyou:

Peoples mouths will DROP come Christmas THIS year!! wtg!!!!
  • ChristineOlivarri
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! Yes I was shocked I lost so much so quickly but I just keep my calories low but in a healthy range and I workout A LOT, working out has become my new addiction and I love every moment of it, have never felt so good in my life !
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!! 50lbs is incredible! I totally understand the hard work you must have put in. Great job
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!! And go bucks! :)
  • ChristineOlivarri
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words :)
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! You look great!! I am very happy for you!! P.s. I have five kids, so I can totally relate to how it goes having so many back to back. You are an inspiration for me, for MFP, and for your kids and family as well! Congrats!!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You are looking fantastic! Congrats!

And a little fyi for when you post your next after pic....you just need to take the spaces out of your link to make it show up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!