Need EASY breakfast ideas

Options
katscoots
katscoots Posts: 255 Member
I need breakfast ideas - I like to stay under 300 calories if possible. I'm a night eater - but I need something to get the day started that's filling. I've been doing oatmeal for literally over a year....bored with it...

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    4 eggs cooked anyway you like
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Cereal, milk, spoon. Done.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I do a protein shake with egg whites, strawberries and a cup of oatmeal blended. Delicious.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg and an apple.
  • luca15306
    luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    banana smoothie?
    I have a banana and skimmed milk with ice blended.
    You could add yoghurt and honey to fill it up a bit more?
    or plenty of fruit etc, smoothies are great :)
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Think outside the box. Eat things that are easy for you to grab in the morning. I eat wraps, leftovers, sandwiches, etc. Once you quit trying to eat breakfast food, your possibilities are endless.
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I try to mix it up so that I don't get bored. Sometimes I eat:

1) Lowfat cottage cheese, berries and turkey slices.
    2) 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices of 45 calorie sara lee light healthy grain bread, and light jam
    3) almond milk, cheerios, fruit, non fat greek yogurt
    4) 2 Hebrew national 97% fat free hotdogs (45 calories each), lowfat bun (sometimes I'm not in the mood for "breakfast food" at breakfast.
    5) 45 calories Sara Lee bread, 2 vegan boca patties (or morning glory mediterranean chick pea patties) (I'm not a vegetarian, but I still eat these).
    6) canned salmon, nut thin crackers, 1 serving of miracle whip)
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My favorite is breakfast sandwiches: 100 calorie sandwich thins, an egg, a turkey sausage patty and a triangle of laughing cow lite cheese spread. It's only 265 calories and the protein keeps me full.
  • motofairy
    motofairy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do a mini bagel with a morningstar farms veggie sausage patty, fridge oatmeal with fruit and honey (especially in the summer and I eat it cold), really seasoned savory grits (not instant) with a little cheese, egg "muffins" made on the weekend and frozen, ham slices wrapped around long strips of cucumber and dipped into a savory yogurt sauce.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever is handy:

eggs (microwave in 2 minutes or less)
    leftovers from the previous night (I have had taco meat, turkey, burger patties, etc for breakfast)
    protein shake
    smoothie - berries with protein are great!
    cheese
    etc

Don't get stuck on 'breakfast food' - eat what looks/tastes good - there's a whole world of choices out there!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Eggs, fruit, cheese, yogurt, cereal, protein shake, toast, fiber bar, granola bar, any other kind of bar, leftovers or make your breakfast the night before... I'll fix innards for breakfast burritos for a few days and bag 'em up. Then I can just throw it on a tortilla when I'm ready, pop it in the microwave for a minute, and tadaaa.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal is my typical go-to for breakfast. It's quick, easy, keeps me full and it's usually around 150 calories, depending on if it's flavored and what it's flavored with.
  • StaceyRigs
    StaceyRigs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I plan on trying some "egg cupcakes" this weekend. I will let you know if they are successful. They say they can be refrigerated for a week and reheated easily for breakfast.

http://www.asweetsimplelife.com/home/2012/10/10/muffin-cup-baked-eggs.html
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    My 3 main go-to breakfasts:

greek yogurt and granola = 360cals
    cottage cheese and 1/2 grapefruit = 210cals
    Breakfast Sandwich (2 eggs & Arnold's sandwich thins- flax & fiber) = 240cals

plus my coffee.

I've been mixing it up with breakfast burritos lately, and they vary. sometimes there's cheese, sometimes there's bacon, sometimes not.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    egg taco - one egg cooked in light spray of Canola on a SMALL flour tortilla (70-ish cals) with veggies and/or chipotle dressing

mini breakfast sandwich...sandwich thin with scrambled egg, veggies and/or veggie sausage

hard boiled egg and a slice of wheat toast with butter or jam...or do dry toast and a piece of fruit along with the boiled egg

refrigerator oats "my way" - 1/8 c quick oats, 4-6 oz plain Greek yogurt, fruit & flaxseed refrigerated overnight then mixed & eaten w/ or w/o a few chopped nuts

toast spread thinly with peanut butter or hazelnut spread and 1/2 sliced banana on top

"coffee cup muffin" - 1/4 cup oats, 1 egg, 1 tsp brown sugar, handful blueberries, splash of milk, dash cinnamon. Mix it all up. Stick in coffee mug in microwave for 2 minutes. I like to pop it into a bowl and add 1/8 c of sugar free Cary's syrup...so good!
  • katscoots
    Options
    Thank you all - I really appreciate all the ideas...it's time to break out of the oatmeal rut
  • katscoots
    Options
    Think outside the box. Eat things that are easy for you to grab in the morning. I eat wraps, leftovers, sandwiches, etc. Once you quit trying to eat breakfast food, your possibilities are endless.

This is sort of genius and I can't believe how ingrained eating "breakfast foods" for breakfast is in our heads...
  • katscoots
    Options
    I plan on trying some "egg cupcakes" this weekend. I will let you know if they are successful. They say they can be refrigerated for a week and reheated easily for breakfast.

http://www.asweetsimplelife.com/home/2012/10/10/muffin-cup-baked-eggs.html

hmmm interesting...yes...do let me know
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with some fruit in it?
  • harmonyyyxo
    harmonyyyxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    non-fat greek yog, 20 blueberries (or a serving of a different type of berry), 1/2 tablespoon sunflower seeds, 1/2 tablespoon crunchy/smooth peanut butter = 185cals
    so delicious!! it's like granola yoghurt I had it this morning :D