Need EASY breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think measuring out a 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter would make me cry.
  • michaelgagliano10
    Options
    Shake:

1 scoop protein
    30 g of whole wheat oats
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon of peanut butter
    1/2 frozen banana
    ice
    1 cup of coconut milk.

Great. 33 grams of protein and 440 calories
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I do plain non-fat Greek yogurt with fruit (fruit of choice right now is mango) along with a Luna bar (lemon zest is my favorite!!!). It's about 313 calories, 56 carbs, 6 fat, and 22 protein. This works well for me and is my standard weekday breakfast, which I eat while I'm already at work!

ETA that I usually only do 0.5 cup of Greek yogurt and half a mango :) Of course the calories associated could vary quite a bit depending on your exact quantities and such.
  • ssjbardock123
    ssjbardock123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pre-make some muffins.

Hungry and in a hurry? Grab a muffin!

Want something to spread butter/jam on? Grab a muffin!

It's natures multi-tool.
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I plan on trying some "egg cupcakes" this weekend. I will let you know if they are successful. They say they can be refrigerated for a week and reheated easily for breakfast.

http://www.asweetsimplelife.com/home/2012/10/10/muffin-cup-baked-eggs.html

I used to make something similar when I was strictly following the South Beach diet. I would make them in muffin tins, whip up 6 whole eggs with a teaspoon of salt and pour them over layered streaky bacon, mushrooms, spring onions, bell peppers and herbs. Bake them in the oven for 20mins and then freeze them in batches of two...defrost overnight and then reheat for a minute in the microwave...delicious protein filled breakfast and quite filling...would also have them for lunch sometimes with a side salad.
  • PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have done a pdf doc with easy bfast recipes for the same reason as you; I got bored of the same bfast....
    I can upload here pics or anything so you might like to check the following links:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=64

http://www.trusper.com/tips/Fast-Easy-Healthy-Breakfast/8116737

There are nice ideas there, I have a ton in my pinterest.
    :bigsmile:
  • pjstudev
    pjstudev Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean's Delight Breakfast Sandwiches - they are delicious, filling and are less than 300 calories. I eat them when I am in a hurry and need to pop something in the microwave.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    For a quick breakfast for 210 calories I do jimmy deans breakfast sandwich with egg whites and Canadian bacon. Lean cuisine also has a version for 180ks. I get bored with oatmeal at times too.

Another fav of mine is 2 eggs and one egg white serving with spinach mushrooms and half slice of swiss cheese. yummy filling and fast breakfast
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    making steel cut oats is a pain in the rearend so i make four days worth at once and keep it in the fridge .you can make anything up and put it in the fridge actually...cereal is easy ... eggs i nuke in the microwave ... nutritient bars , shakes
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I think measuring out a 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter would make me cry.

lol
  • harmonyyyxo
    harmonyyyxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "I think measuring out a 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter would make me cry."

It's literally just a slightly heaped teaspoon :) there's 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon :)
  • josiedahling
    Options
    I just bought one of those Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich makers...it's awesome. I use a 100 calorie english muffin, reduced fat cheese, 1 slice of precooked bacon and egg whites. My breakfast sandwich comes in around 200 calories. They say in the instructions not to use store bought egg whites because they are too thin but I find that if you pour them very very slowly into the machine, it starts to cook and solidify so that it doesn't leak out. I'm loving this sandwich maker. It's quick and easy and light. I am also a night time snackasaurus and need to eat a very light breakfast and lunch to leave enough snack calories for the end of the day. Good luck!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    making steel cut oats is a pain in the rearend so i make four days worth at once and keep it in the fridge .you can make anything up and put it in the fridge actually...cereal is easy ... eggs i nuke in the microwave ... nutritient bars , shakes

Kind of agree on the steel cut oats. I usually do mine 1 c oats soaked 12+ hrs in the fridge with 2 c milk or almond milk, 2 c water. Boil 10 min with cinnamon or cinnamon sticks, then simmer 5 min adding some vanilla, brown sugar and occasionally Craisins. Makes 4 nice servings. Usually my husband and I eat this on a Sunday morning and then have another day's worth in the fridge. Yummy!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Think outside the box. Eat things that are easy for you to grab in the morning. I eat wraps, leftovers, sandwiches, etc. Once you quit trying to eat breakfast food, your possibilities are endless.

This. I was just having this conversation with a coworker this morning. You can eat anything for breakfast. She said she didn't like eggs and her mother would make soup for her for breakfast when she was growing up.
  • angel2783
    angel2783 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein Cereal w/ Fat Free Milk
    Hard Boiled Egg & Fruits
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I will eat anything for breakfast, sometimes it is an egg while omelet other times it will be a green/veggie salad topped with broiled chicken.

I recently came across this recipe for breakfast oatmeal cookies, I plan to make then freeze them, for breakfast on the go:

http://www.momables.com/oatmeal-breakfast-cookie/

*I haven't done the nutritional count.
  • dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I try to keep a few boiled eggs in the fridge so I can grab them and either nuke them for breakfast and maybe toss some avocado in with them, or I'll throw them in a salad for lunch. I also keep some pre-bagged smoothies in the freezer. I freeze the yogurt in ice cube trays, then throw the yogurt cubes in a baggie with fruit. If I'm short on time in the morning, I dump the baggie in the blender, maybe toss in some banana, or almond milk, or orange juice...whatever I feel like that day and it's done.

I also agree with a previous poster who said, why limit yourself to breakfast foods. Someone told me that a couple months ago, and since then, breakfast is way more interesting!
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i skip breakfast and do Leangains(.com) instead. After 3 days or so the HUNGER goes away and managing your intake becomes so much easier. That 300 cals can be spread around to lunch and dinner making a better and more fulfilling meal for both as well. I cannot recommend it enough.
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    During the work week my main breakfast is usually a tofu scramble (it's similar to scrambled eggs, but tofu and I find that I can freeze it and reheat it and it tastes much better than reheated eggs to me!) - I mix the tofu scramble with some potato & cheese & veggies. I make 4-5 meals out of one block of tofu and sometimes I make 2 blocks at once. Freeze the indiviual portions and then pop it in the microwave at work for 2 mins and i'm good to go! Filling and easy.

Sometimes I make a quick egg salad. I'll boil some hardboiled eggs, mix with a litlte mayo, mustard, dressing, whatever (lately I mixed with avocado and holy yum!).

Burritos - another thing I can make a batch of, freeze them, and just pop it in the microwave. Or i'll buy amy's burritos. But if I make them it's a simple mix of beans, cheese, salsa.... wrap and freeze!

I made oatmeal blueberry waffles lately and I was amazed at just how filling they were! And they froze and reheated nicely! (the recipe was by Isa Chandra).
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Egg, pork sausage, cheese slice, sometimes avocado. Done.

I get ground pork and make my own sausage and pre-cook it for the week. I microwave the egg for 30 secs, flip, add sausage and cheese, microwave for another 30 seconds. Add avocado if wanted. Salt, pepper, (hot sauce???) DONE.