Struggling? Join here.

Options
If you are struggling with exercise and eating habits, then this would be the group to join. We can support one another and we can make it through..:happy:

I've been struggling so much..mostly with my eating habits and had a major break down at least once this month that has forced me to take a break..now I feel better, but feel like I put on an extra few pounds as a result. I know it's the holidays, and it's a stressful time a year..and have failed but I'm doing my best to stay tough through this ordeal. If you are struggling, let's communicate with one another and if you feel comfortable, share whats going on and what we can do to help. :smile:

Replies

• katw0man_
    katw0man_ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i totally feel you on that. I've been eating terribly for the last week and a half. I'm struggling to get back on track...
  • Drealicious
    Options
    im here to..i just cant get myself started. i cant get myself to view unhealthy food badly. i ALWAYS want it
  • bigc150
    Options
    I'm sorta new... and struggling! I would love some accountability.
  • carreycat
    Options
    every day I say to myself that today is the day and I'll have a good breakfast and a decent lunch but I go downhill after that and stop counting calories and so my weight goes nowhere! I'm glad I'm not the only person struggling. (of course, right?)
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    I need to be here now too. I have done well to this point and am so afraid of sliding back. I have eaten badly for the past two days and have not exercised. Yes, I've been on a little getaway with my hubby, but still, that's no excuse. I ate roast beef, potatoes, carrots and and celery, and it was so good, but I felt such guilt eating the au jus. And then the honey mustard dressing...and today had a huge amount of barbecued ribs. Why, I ask myself, why? But did I stop? No. I ate everything, and the grilled vegetables, which were very good. Along the way I ate some little garlic chips or something like that, some salted popcorn. Oh, it makes me ill just writing this. I don't want to get on the scale tomorrow. But I think I will just to see how much work I have to do to climb out of this rut and get back to where I was.

I WANTED to eat those ribs. That's what worries me. When confronted with foods I really like I tend to way overeat. Eating at home is so much easier.

I need help in managing my portions and staying true to the idea that getting to my goal (I WAS only 7 1/2 pounds from it) demands work and sacrifice. I also need a kick to get to the gym.

So, thank you for having this group.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Im definitely struggling right now. I've been falling into old habits this past week and I can't seem to get my head on straight. I'm hoping that I can come out of the holidays having atleast maintained or gained very little. I stepped on the scale today & wasn't impressed, however, it's TOM so I'm not sure if the gain is from that, or because i'm a ****head who can't stop eating. Horrible. I feel awful. I need help :(
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Majorly struggling....

I am starting over (for the 3,450,239 time) on December 26th. Please Santa, I really want that running hat so I can run outdoors in the cold! Either that or I'm going into the city and fighting the crowds on Sunday to get it.

But yes, I know what I want, I know what I need to do to get it, but yet I'm severely lacking that kick in the butt.

Thanks for starting this :)

L.
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    i'm in. this past week has been horrible. (even though i did lose 2 lbs, afraid to get on the scales again.) the first 2 days i was under my calories, every day since i have gone over. i cant find that happy medium. hopefully it is just due to the holidays. :grumble:
  • Godsflower1789
    Options
    yup yup
  • katw0man_
    katw0man_ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was doing so awesome two weeks ago,,, I haven't stepped on the scale since..
    and I've been eating terribly. some days I wouldn't eat at all, other days I'd be eating all damn day.
    I just want to get my **** together.
    after tomorrow night.. I start fresh... again.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing as everyone here..I've been going through this for about 10 days..somewhere around there and decided to give up until the New Year..I may be up like 10 pounds :laugh: but I can detox and start over when we ring in the New Year. I can resume my walking downtown..where there is no snow/ice (we have underground heating in that area) watch what I eat..and start over once again. I hope to lose at least another 10 pounds this whole winter season..I'll be happy with that. I'm prob 195 now (my guess) and even if I could get down to 180 by Spring I'll be grateful for that. :bigsmile: