Dailyburn friends

Options
Looking for some more friends.....I signed up for dailyburn about 3 weeks ago and would love to find others who are using it also. I live out in the country so it is a great solution for me, plus I like all the different options an varying intensity levels.

I've also committed myself to faithfully logging each day. I'm a very impatient person, but I'm trying very hard to accept that "slow and steady wins the race" :)

Replies

• McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are seriously discussing this. We only have HULU and NETFLIX for TV so this seemed like a great option for us both to use. I am so glad to hear you like it as I think we will have it by the summer.

I am a committed daily logger on here and even with my goals set for a pound a week, my overall average has been 2 even with a recent 2 week stall! I love looking back at how many days vs. how many pounds and seeing how fast it really is going especially when it doesn't feel that way.

My husband is a member, but doesn't log so I am hoping daily burn will get him doing something towards getting healthy.

Good luck to you and feel free to friend me! :)
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This may sound silly but what is Dailyburn? I keep hearing about it.
  • tiffalicious121
    tiffalicious121 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    dailyburn.com

It's streaming workout videos. You can access it from your computer, phone, laptop, smart TV, Xbox, or roku box. They have a free 30 day trial, then it's only $10/month. You set your own goals and they put together a suggested schedule for you. You don't have to stick to their schedule though, you have access to over a hundred different workouts and they are still adding more.

They have everything from a "True Beginner" program all the way up to insanity-like "Inferno". They also have shorter workouts for people who have less time to commit. I personally use a HRM with all my exercise, but at the end of each workout it gives you an estimate of calories burned which makes it a nice companion to MFP logging.
  • punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love DailyBurn. I stream it to my TV with an HDMI cord. I've only been doing the 15 minute works with the Yoga on some days and my muscles are sore just from that!
  • jenrobiwan
    jenrobiwan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for DailyBurn this week and I just did the first work out. I am really looking forward to getting a heart rate monitor for accurate calories burned. I will be ordering it this weekend. I really enjoyed the first work out on the TrueBeginner program. Justin is pretty cool.

I don't expect dramatic results with the lighter exercising, but one reason I kept stopping stuff like Shred is because I was in so much pain from it. So, if this can get me off the right foot of better activity, then I will do more intense workouts. But so far, the trial has me hooked.
  • EricaSlaughter
    EricaSlaughter Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great alternative to those days I don't want to go to the gym, but still want to do something to get off the couch. I may have to look into this as well as tell some family members. Thanks for the info

Feel free to add me. Always looking for motivated friends and hearing how they are working toward their goals. Happy Thursday!
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I used daily burn for 3 months and it was great but I started to get bored with it and decided it would be better to put the money to a gym. Although I think its great for people who can't exercise outside of the home.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm so glad I came across this thread. I have never heard of this type of website for workouts and was considering joining a gym but forget that. I love doing my workouts at home but get tired of the same routines. I'm going to sign up for the free trial. thanks for sharing and feel free to add me.