Really Heavy Sweater...Embarrassed

Options

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    My husband has a bit of a problem - as well as sweating when he exercises or does physical work he can sweat a lot when eating. One thing that he notices makes it worse is any food/sauce with a high tomato content - he can only eat tomatoes at home!!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    My son, who is a physical phenomenon, sweat. a lot too. He is going to a doctor well versed in self hypnosis and self relaxation. He helped my son with his form of Tourette's. No more tics, etc. Might want to look him up.

I know how it sounds but it really helped our son when they wanted to medicate the hell out of him.

What the hell?
  • canadafats
    Options
    and don't be embarrassed especially while working out. like I've hear the saying...."sweat is fat crying" so sweat away!
    Freaking love this! AND, I'm stealing it! :)
  • canadafats
    Options
    My son, who is a physical phenomenon, sweat. a lot too. He is going to a doctor well versed in self hypnosis and self relaxation. He helped my son with his form of Tourette's. No more tics, etc. Might want to look him up.

I know how it sounds but it really helped our son when they wanted to medicate the hell out of him.
    The Hell does this have to do with sweating?!?
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be ashamed of. As long as you're wiping down the machines you use after you are done no one will care how much you sweat.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

The Hell does this have to do with sweating?!?

I didn't understand this one, either. I was thinking maybe a troll?
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Some people just sweat a lot, it shows you're really working out.

I barely sweat, and after a workout my cheeks are all flushed, but not a lot of sweat, and I get embarrassed that it looks like I've barely broken a sweat.

Just keep going :)

I'm the same way! My cheeks get super-flushed and I'm barely glistening. Even after a crazy spin class I'll have some sweat down the middle of my back, but not much more than that.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Sweating means you're actually doing something, not just "phoning it in." Keep it up.

No....sweat just means that's how your body reacts to a higher heart rate and activity. Some people just don't sweat. Does that mean they aren't working hard? :huh:
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed by it. When I'm working really hard I sweat buckets. I was using my bike trainer in my house and going all out on it and left a big puddle of sweat beneath the bike.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Some people just sweat a lot, it shows you're really working out.

I barely sweat, and after a workout my cheeks are all flushed, but not a lot of sweat, and I get embarrassed that it looks like I've barely broken a sweat.

Just keep going :)

I'm the same way! My cheeks get super-flushed and I'm barely glistening. Even after a crazy spin class I'll have some sweat down the middle of my back, but not much more than that.
    I was told / read somewhere that in order to sweat you have to be hydrated.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot during workouts as well. My face also turns bright red. People tend to always think I'm on the verge of passing out when I'm totally fine. It's super lol.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    With as much water as you're drinking, that sounds quite reasonable. Back when I didn't hydrate myself as much, I didn't sweat much - no matter how much I worked out and/or got hot. A little bit, but not much. As soon as I started drinking a bit more water, I started sweating "normally."
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm a heavy sweater too when I'm workout. I don't get embarrassed anymore, if others can't accept my sweat as hardwork, then screw them.

SWEAT is just fat crying from being burned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I like when I sweat at the gym, it tells me i'm putting effort into it and working hard.
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sweat For President!

Seriously, though. I am a crazy sweater when I work-out, too. Especially during bikram yoga, and I realize that would seem obvious because of the heat in the room and all, but seriously you guys. The sweat POURS off me and I love it. It feels like I'm doing something! Jillian Michaels says "sweat is fear leaving the body" and I don't really know what that means but it seemed appropriate for this thread.

If I knew how to insert gifs I think this would be a good place for one so just use your imagination and pretend there is a cute little sweat gland holding an American flag and a Vote For Me sign.

Carry on.
  • leodora1
    leodora1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sweat and be proud - you're sweating! Screw what other people think; you're the rock star! When I spin, I drip sweat all over the floor, PROUDLY! I see it as little fat droplets melting off my body.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think it's just the way some people are. There is a guy in our office that is like that. He's really fit, but when he works out or plays sports he sweats like crazy!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, So I've been on my fitness journey for around 6 weeks, totally changed what and how I eat, and training 3-4 times a week. I have always been a sweater, from doing mundane tasks around the home, or anything vigorous, I get a dab on easily, but if I'm exercising, I get drenched,To me its totally embarrassing, as I seem to be the only one that is drenched I have a towel to wipe my face/arms/neck/chest, and to wipe down the machines, but by the end of my 2h gym sesh, I can literally wring my shirt out, I drink a lot of water throughout the day, and go through 2 750ml bottles while I'm at the gym. I don't feel the cold either, so im asking, is this normal?

Currently 273 lbs, do cardio for 1hour 20 mins, and weights for about 20 mins or so, When doing cardio my HR is at around 160, and always push at the last minute and it rises to 170-175
    You should come work out with me. I get drenched doing yoga in the air conditioning directly under a ceiling fan.

Heck, I sweat getting dressed in the morning.

Trust me, you are not the only one and you shouldn't be embarassed. ESPECIALLY while exercising! You're supposed to sweat!

ETA: I'm female and not that heavy, either. I just sweat a ton.
  • canadafats
    Options
    Forgot to say that there are some medical conditions that cause excessisve sweating. Also, certain medications (if you are on any) may also cause excessive sweating. It wouldn't hurt to check with your doctor the next time you are in.
  • Karen_LM
    Karen_LM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You have to be hydrated to sweat. You are doing it right.