The first ten lbs came off easy...now what?

Options
My first ten flew off. Once I got the food scale, seriously tracked my calories, and committed myself to a workout routine, it was nothing. 10 lbs in two weeks! But now, the weight loss has stopped and I actually put a pound back on. I'm attributing this to muscle though..

So, I do 4 days of cardio (mostly kick boxing) but they're the four same routines every time. Is this a problem?

I work on my arms (just upgraded from 5 to 10 lbs on Monday, 4 sets of 20 tricep extensions/ and not so sure what to call it but when your arms form a V and you slowly bring them down) every day and do a minute plank every day.

2 days I do strength training, one day I go hiking.

Any thoughts on this ordeal? I'm taking in 1,000 calories, 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% carbs and staying well within my marks.

Also, I have really bad lower back problems and have been finding it hard to find good lower ab workouts. Obviously all of the leg ones are great but I can really only do a few before my back gives. I've been doing the "camel lean" which seems to be doing it's job, sit ups and supermans but I wanna feel that buuuurn!

Thanks for your help! I hope everyone is having a super wonderful day!

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    You lost the initial water weight.. this is not real weight.. this is your fluctuation weight.. so 1 lb back is nothing..

Now comes the real work, you need to eat more first of all and really put effort into your workouts.. just working your arms and doing planks is kinda pointless... search for some workout videos, watch some resistance training beginners videos on youtube and really focus.
  • ajflkdafs
    ajflkdafs Posts: 15
    Options
    Yeah I just do those in addition to the cardio but my strength training days are more, pieces I found from different YouTube clips that focus on the muscles I'm looking to target. Is there a particular name you recommend to look up? Also how many calories should I be taking in?