Squat before & after (female to female question)

Options
Does anyone have good results with squats? I have been doing them for the past week and wanted to know if this is a good way to make my butt look good :)

Replies

• slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yeah I used to do a lot of squats & lunges and they were great. Must start again:-)

I used to do squats with a medicine ball in my hands to make it a bit harder. Lunges with free weights in your hands are great too or walking lunges. Sometimes I think some of the simple exercises are the best.

Another trainer had me balancing on balls & suspending feet on ropes to do pushups etc - Nightmare.....came to the conclusion he was just trying to make me look like an idiot;-)
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I love squats! In the beginning, my legs were so out of shape that I was in quite a bit of pain for the few days afterwards...but I've been doing them quite consistently and the results are amazing. My butt used to sag...not a good thing to admit, but it did. Now I see a HUGE difference...it's lifted and toned and my thighs are the same.

Keep at it! It takes a while to start seeing results, but when you do, you'll see that they're fabulous. Hope that helps!

Tryxx :flowerforyou:
  • mikkidixon
    mikkidixon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I have take a before pic so I can compare in a month. I just want a nice butt! lol
  • canadafats
    Options
    I just posted a topic this morning about squats! Check it out! :)
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I just posted a topic the other day about needing some help in my butt. I love lunges and squats and do them frequently with weights. However, I haven't had a chance to look into the program yet but a lot of people also recommended Bret Contreras Strong Curves
  • xoNikki246
    Options
    I don't gain weight in my butt so it was very flat, after doing the squat challenge then moving to weights and now I'm squating 100 pounds and I had to buy bigger jeans cuz my butt wouldn't fit into my old ones! They work :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I just posted a topic the other day about needing some help in my butt. I love lunges and squats and do them frequently with weights. However, I haven't had a chance to look into the program yet but a lot of people also recommended Bret Contreras Strong Curves

Yup, check out this thread. It's full of great advice!
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Pictures or it didn't happen! Did any of you with results take before and after photos?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have good results with squats? I have been doing them for the past week and wanted to know if this is a good way to make my butt look good :)

Yes, it absolutely is. Bridges and lunges are also good. Try different types of squats too - curtsy squats, skater squats, frog squats, prisoner squats, sumo (plie) squats.

My bum is still big, always has been, but now it's big and rounded and firm instead of big and jiggly.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    YES, absolutely yes. It really bugged me that when I got to my goal weight, my butt looked kind of flat. After I'd been squatting heavy for a couple of months, it looked lifted and rounder. Squatting makes your thighs look awesome, too!

Squat as much weight as you can while keeping good form, and give yourself a day in between to recover. If you're squatting deep- your hips are going below your knees at the bottom of your squat, record yourself doing a few reps to make sure your form is good. It's important to NEVER lose the curve in your lower back. If you notice your lower back is rounding and your butt is tucking inward at the bottom of your squat, don't go down as far until your flexibility allows it. Squatting heavy with poor form will cause knee and lower back pain/ injury. You don't have to touch the ground with your butt to get results. Getting your thighs parallel or close to parallel with the ground is effective, too.

For flexibility, you can search 'squat stretches' on YouTube and find a ton of helpful videos. Often, a few minutes of intense hamstring stretches will improve your form by miles.

This guy has some good videos on squat form- I find the stretches from this video helpful in particular:
    (Language warning- probably NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-6W2B7vS28

Good luck and happy squatting!
  • mikkidixon
    mikkidixon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice I am going to look into different types of squats and try adding weights...I will post pics once I get some good results