How did you lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• strivingforjoy
    Options
    For everybody who actually answered my questions, thank you. Lol. I was just curious about everyone's daily life and why they decided to lose weight. Not everyone decides to lose weight because they are fat. Some want to be healthier, some have diabetes, some don't care as much about appearance but just want to be able to play with their kids, ect.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Not sure who didn't answer your questions...
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    How did you lose weight? How many calories did you eat? What foods did you eat? How much water did you drink? How much did you work-out? Did you work as well? How did you stay positive and motivated? How long did it take you? Why did you lose weight?

Okay I will answer in order as well:
    1. eating at a deficit, drinking lots of water, taking it one day at a time and setting lots of mini goals
    2. anywhere from 1200 to 1700 or even more if I exercised more.. it is all different depending on how much you do or weigh, age, etc ... what worked for me may not work for you.It is a learning process with some trial and error along the way.
    3. I eat real food and pretty much what I like but I find healthier ways to serve it or alternatives to sub out
    4. lots of water: I have a 16 oz glass I picked up from the dollar tree and fill it up with every meal and snack time.. and after exercise.
    5. I work out a lot: I aim for every day if its just walking and swimming. but only four times a week if its including circuit training at the gym. If you exercise intensely you need to rest those muscle groups here and there and of course eat more
    6. I am not done yet, but I started august 13. 2013 and have lost 66 so far. That is roughly 35 weeks.
    7. Because I am fat, lol. no really my mother had a massive stroke and struggled with her weight all her life. She was only 57. I don't want to follow in her footsteps. That is my most important reason but this is what I call my key year. Its the year my son has turned 21 so that is 21 years of me struggling with weight issues. I have went up and down and up and down again way too many times. This is the year that I stay down and make it my lifestyle change. Its for my health. Plus I want to look hot once I turn 40 in three years. :drinker:

edit: I forgot what keeps me motivated... well it is the fact that I keep a written journal by my side at all times. I have a youtube page and make weight loss videos and am part of a weight loss community. I am part of three facebook health/fitness/weightloss groups and I keep up with my mfp friends and come on these messge boards for tips or inspiration or whatever. plus my husband is a good cheer leader for me. My family and friends and neighbors are all cheering me on too. Most importantly its the fact of how much better I feel and look as each and every day passes.
  • Allyvegan
    Allyvegan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ate less.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    For everybody who actually answered my questions, thank you. Lol. I was just curious about everyone's daily life and why they decided to lose weight. Not everyone decides to lose weight because they are fat. Some want to be healthier, some have diabetes, some don't care as much about appearance but just want to be able to play with their kids, ect.

This answer confuses me a little bit.

If you are not overweight and decide to lose weight, you might have an eating disorder.

Some people who are fat might decide to lose weight for reasons other than appearance. Some people who are fat decide not to lose weight but just become more active too.

People who have diabetes need to control their diabetes. One of the ways to do this is to keep one's weight within certain parameters, and eat in a specific way, but it doesn't mean that a person who isn't fat would decide to lose weight due to diabetes.
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    20 lbs down in 60 some odd days eating at a calorie deficit and weighing/logging everything. That's it.
  • Dreamsfly
    Dreamsfly Posts: 10
    Options
    Everyone here that has committed to losing weight for your own reason, whether overweight, or just want to tone up, congratulations!
    To be disciplined and make the decision to do it, is big. And to keep on doing it and reaching your goal is ever BIGGER.

I am using the Venus Factor. I realize that I just do it and not think about it. When I start thinking, I find excuses for not doing it.
    Or working or other things. So, no brain, just brawn. :)

Find your "why", and keep it in front of you always.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    How did you lose weight? How many calories did you eat? What foods did you eat? How much water did you drink? How much did you work-out? Did you work as well? How did you stay positive and motivated? How long did it take you? Why did you lose weight?

Question order
    1. I excercised six days a week and measured and tracked everything I still track everything and i bought a pedometer
    2. It depends at first I ate excercise cals back but now I stay around 1600 with lower carbs and healthier fats
    3 whatever I want in my macros
    4 8-10 glasses a day depending on my sodium
    5.5-6 days a week and I walk in average 15000 steps
    6. Have 2 jobs work 7 days a week
    7 my family and friends
    8 5 years
    9. Because I wanted to not have restrictions based on my weight and I wanted to inspire
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!