Blue Tooth Ear Buds

Options
mom2tm
mom2tm Posts: 25 Member
Was thinking of getting a pair of Blue Tooth ear buds to use when I workout - seems so much easier than having the cord to worry about.
Does anyone have these? What do you think of them?

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I love my super-cheapy Cyber Monday special blackberry earbud...however, I don't know how practical it would be for the gym. I've tried the wrap-around-the-head ones, but they don't work for me because I have a giant head.

Anyhow, in...to see what suggestions you receive.
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    In...to see what suggestions you receive.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have a set from Plantronics. Love them. I don't have to worry about getting my hand stuck in a long cord because they wrap closely around the back of your head. I bought mine quite a few years ago, when there weren't as many options. Definitely do some research. I know I even have difficulty with my iPhone 5 issue earbuds because they are too large for the openings in my ears and start to cause pain after about 30 mins of use. The plantronics ones use a rubber piece as an insert which you can take off and clean in case they get extra sweaty or full of wax.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71LVjSDUKzL._SL1500_.jpg (tried to post as an image, but it was ginormous!)
  • LibDollar
    LibDollar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the Motorola S10-HD bluetooth headphones and I absolutely love them. I use them for both music and for phone calls. They have a fairly long battery life, and I can be up to 8 feet from my device without losing too much of the quality. I think I found them at Target for $60, but I recently saw them on Amazon for about the same price.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I got these Jabra SPORT buds for my husband last year. He loves them. They connect quickly to his phone and the sound quality is great. He uses them for running and they have held up well with high intensity exercise and sweat.These were $97 on Amazon, although I know there are less expensive brands and models. I plan to get a pair for myself soon

http://www.jabra.com/Products/Bluetooth/JABRA_SPORT_/Jabra_SPORT_
  • jrcrmr
    jrcrmr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    it depends how hard you work out..as far as sweat goes anyway

I've had two pairs...LG TONE HBS700 and kinivo BTH240

The LG tons lasted about a year...and the kinivos about two months

The problem is that if you sweat too much (like i do), you are bound to have some sweat trickle in bit by bit into the headphones, which actually short circuits the recharging capacities

So as long as you're not going all out fo ryour workouts, you'l be fine...if not, it is what it is...until they are really sweat proof (bought the kinivos thinking they were, since a lot of reviews were from people who "exercised" with them..), then this is bound to happen

they are SUPER convenient though, compared to wired headphones
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I have the Motorola S10-HD bluetooth headphones and I absolutely love them. I use them for both music and for phone calls. They have a fairly long battery life, and I can be up to 8 feet from my device without losing too much of the quality. I think I found them at Target for $60, but I recently saw them on Amazon for about the same price.

I think these were the ones that just barely don't fit my giant head. I scored them on woot.com for ~$30 (I think). In fact, I bought three...and one of them is still in the box unopened.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have the LG Tone+. They're not super rich bass or anything, but can get loud if you want them to. They stay put, are comfortable. Only issue I have is if I do sit ups or other HORIZONTAL type exercise they come off. But for jogging, riding etc, they are great. They were cheap too. I caught a sale on Amazon for $45. They're $65 now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009A5204K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009A5204K&linkCode=as2&tag=digimedidire-20

They also connect to my Galaxy S4 automatically EVERY TIME. I turn them on and they connect.

Good buy
  • mom2tm
    mom2tm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the comments! I just decided to buy a cheap pair off of a Living Social deal - just to see if I like them better than the ear buds I have now. I can always go more expensive if I find they work well for me.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Oh, and another consideration: those wrap-around-the-back-of-the-head designs may be problematic for when you're on your back on a bench (for, say, bench press).

Personally, what I want are two separate buds for each ear similar to my blackberry. That way, I'd get the stereo and noise/people-blocking I wanted but without anything extra getting in the way.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    some day I plan to get the Jaybird Bluebuds X but I'm not spending $170 for them or whatever they cost right now. Until then I'm sticking with my corded Bose MIE2i ear buds