Are there chips that are lower carb

Options
Miamiuu
Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
I learned recently that cheese wafees have a serving of 6 with only 14 carbs.Im looking for chip like snacks with at least 1 serving under 15 carbs. Suggestions wanted.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Lots of people here eat kale chips or cauliflower "fries". Not for me, but thought you should know some options.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me the carbs and serving size for kale chips. Also what does it taste like.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Sensible Portions Garden Veggie Straws in Sea Salt flavor are pretty darn close.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Pop chips are 15g carb per serving for several of their flavors.
  • tat20
    tat20 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Most of the special k cracker chips are pretty low in carbs, you also get a lot more per serving so that's pretty nice. Taste good too. I think the cheddar has around 18 g carb
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pork rinds? They are great with salsa, guacamole, dips... crunchy and salty like chips and zero carbs. Also they can be found under their Spanish name, "chicharrones". (which is also more fun to say, especially if you roll the "r"!)
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    If you have a mandolin or are really good at cutting thin slices, you can deep fry parsnips for a really great lower carb chip. I'm sure celery root would also be tasty. Sprinkle salt on them after they're done.

Kale chips will mostly taste like olive oil and salt. The texture is just... shattery. They shatter in your mouth when you eat them. They're kind of awesome.

Cheese thinly spread on parchment paper and then cooked in the microwave will form into a chip-like thing. Pretty tasty, low carb, but not super low in calories.
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    CrazyCatLadylovescats Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Seaweed and pork rinds have been my go to low carb snacks.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Fiber Gourmet Cheeze Thinables.

These are actually fairly high carb (18 g per 28 g pouch) but 11 of those are fiber, so only 7 net carbs. And only 60 calories.

http://www.fibergourmet.com/Cheese45.aspx
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Moon cheese are cheeto like puffs entirely made of cheese . Fred Meyer's carries them but we do not have such a store here.You can find them at Amazon and they have 1 or 2 carbs per serving.The person that suggested them said Nacho flavor was really good but could not vouch for others.There are at least 5 flavors.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I learned recently that cheese wafees have a serving of 6 with only 14 carbs.Im looking for chip like snacks with at least 1 serving under 15 carbs. Suggestions wanted.

Buffalo chips.
  • MistressPi
    Options
    Seaweed and pork rinds have been my go to low carb snacks.

Oh YEAH! I totally forgot about Nori snacks! They are super yum.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Last summer i decided to try zucchini chips (they grew like crazy) I even bought a mandolin and parchment paper.... well all that work for the handful of the little buggers I'll splurge on a bag of regular potato chips now and then. they were so much work and took forever to bake. OYE.
  • cuyunamike
    cuyunamike Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was/am a chip person. I ate a TON over the years. After changing to a healthier lifestyle Ive since discovered Sensible Portions Veggie Straws. They are so good. You can have like 40 of them for 130 calories and 15 carbs. Zesty ranch, honey mustard, and rosemary/olive oil are good. They also have onion straws in southwestern flavor.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Celeriac is a chip-able veg, may need a hammer and chisel to cut it though (only kidding, a lethally sharp mandolin can do it).
  • MistressPi
    Options
    Oh! I forgot about chicken skins!

http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2013/03/dont-throw-out-that-chicken-skin-also-a-meditation-on-self-control-vs-self-denial.html

Zero carbs and you won't believe how yummy. This guy didn't invent turning the chicken skin into delicious crispy goodness. Don't throw out that chicken skin! Not only do you get a fantastic snack, you get rendered chicken fat to make all your meals fabulous!

http://theshiksa.com/2010/06/01/schmaltz-and-gribenes/