Questions about your weight loss

Options
I hope you don't mind me asking but I think this will actually help me, maybe others too.

1. How much weight have you lost?
2. What did you start at?
3. How tall are you?
4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx)
5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included?
6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight?

Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• WorkInProgress323
    Options
    Was that too many questions?
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    76 lbs lost

250 lbs

5'2"

Dunno, I started with Weight Watchers but now I average 1500-1600

Up until a few weeks ago the only exercise I did was walking

2yrs , I had a very long plateau.

ETA: You can see progress pics in my profile.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    1. 13 lbs since joining MFP. I lost around 50 lbs a few years ago and put about 20 back on.
    2. MFP 207 lbs. A few years ago 232 lbs.
    3. 5'7"
    4. Between 1500 and 1700, sometimes more
    5. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. M-W-F are strictly lifting days for around 45 minutes and T-Th are reserved for mainly 20 minutes of cardio and some accessory lifts.
    6. MFP-5 months. Before, I lost around 50 in 7 months, but I didn't lift then. Only walked 5 miles a day, 6 days a week.
  • kiniece
    kiniece Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    lost 52lbs total (from my heaviest...not when I started MFP)
    sw 185
    5'4" tall and 47 y/o
    1200 cals a day avg
    exercise 3-4x a week for 45-60 minutes w/o any weights
    1 year to lose :drinker:
    I hope you don't mind me asking but I think this will actually help me, maybe others too.

3. How tall are you?

• SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

1. How much weight have you lost? 64lbs.
    2. What did you start at? 279
    3. How tall are you? 6'4"
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) 2500
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? 6days/week @ 60 minutes. Were weights included? Yes, lifted three days a week.
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? I lost it in span of four years, but the biggest difference was when I started lifting seriously in the last 1.5 years.

• DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    3. How tall are you?
    1. 34
    2. 229
    3. 5'9"
    4. 1750
    5. Zero; back back. No.
    6. 10 months.
  • lcroslin
    lcroslin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Since January, I have lost 18.4 pounds. At the end of December I weighed 154. The first of Janaury I went on the typical new year diet, but I've kept it up. I'm basically following Dr. Warren's the Daniel Plan and trying to eat more natural, home cooked foods. Plus, using MFP has helped me monitor my caloric intake. The last time I checked I weighed 135.6. I'm short, so I barely make 5'1". Weight Watchers says I shouldn't be more than 132. So, I'm close to getting back down to an average weight range, however I should be in the low 120's to be honest with you. My goal is 125.

I try to only eat 1200 calories a day. Ideally even if I exercise. But, I sometimes eat those extra calories back. Over all healthier eating and balance is my goal. I'm eating less processed, pacakged foods and sugar. I used to be on Jenny Craig, but ended up being so hooked on their food all I was doing was eating from a package. But, it's not bad food. It's just not how I want to live the rest of my life. But, there are times those frozen foods come in handy. I can have sweets, but I try not to have them daily. I was eating them CONSTANTLY. I was addicted to sugar if you ask me! I've learned to substitute frozen banana pureed in a blender with amond milk and vanilla as a subsitute for ice cream. Try it, you might enjoy it.

I exercise daily. But, the amount varies from 30 minutes of a walk with my dog, to an hour Zumba class at the gym, or a light yoga class with friends. My goal is to "MOVE" every day and have at least five days of serious 45 minutes of activity. The other days can be light. Our bodies need to rest if you work them extra hard. So, I don't mandate that I work out every day. I've just started enjoying what I'm doing now and find I want to exercise. I feel better after I do. I go to a gym at work, so I do occassionally lift weights. I heard one should really do some sort of weight bearing exercise twice a week. So, it's important because we want to lose fat but keep the muscle. Muscles support our bones. But, it doesn't have to be on the equipement. I believe yoga can count. Have you ever tried holding plank or down dog? It takes strength to do the moves and core too! It's a great exercise. I also like my power pump class and they include weights and most of the time I'm sore after I've completed on of those clases!! I get a rest day if I don't one of those!! My Taekwondo class can be deceiving as some days it's just learning new moves or a form and it's not that aerobic. But, it's activity and movement and keeps me out of house and out of the refrigerator!!

It's taken me almost three and a half months to lose the 18 pounds, so the going has been slow. I believe my weight loss is barely over a pound a week if you average it out. It started out faster, but has slowed down which is normal.

Besides watching your calorice intake and exercise, weight loss is also a mental game. I find I really need to use my postive affirmations and keep from over-reacting to every mistake I make to stay in the game. I swear, getting the mental part down is half the battle. That's where MFP helps a lot too. Having others to talk to has been a big help.

Sincerely,

Linda
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    1. How much weight have you lost? 10,5 kg - 23 lbs
    2. What did you start at? 74 kg - 163 lbs
    3. How tall are you? 164 cm - 5'4.5''
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) 1200-1500
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included? Every day almost, 30-60 mins of cardio. First running, after knee injury cycling and walking.
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? About 80 days.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    1. How much weight have you lost? 110.8 pounds

2. What did you start at? 252 pounds

3. How tall are you? 5'2

4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) Started with WW, so don't know, but now eat 1455+exercise calories

5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included? Didn't exercise (other than occasional walks) until I had lost 80 pounds, then I walked more and started running. No weights. I run three days a week, do strength training 3 days a week, and walk approx. 6 miles a day. (Though currently I am only walking due to some knee issues).

6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? 6.5 years... dealt with a lot of emotional stuff, family drama and new relationship during that time. I'm an emotional eater, so there was a lot of gains and losses, but I never gave up! I've been on maintenance for 3.5 years now. Yep, 10 years total!
  • raverneko
    raverneko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1. I've lost 45 lbs so far, but have gained muscle as well, so I've lost more than that in fat.
    2. My heaviest was 260, I had dropped 10 lbs before starting on here.
    3. 5'9"
    4. Between 1200 and 1800 depending on the day
    5. I try to at least go out for a walk every day, but I jog four or five times a week, and do strength work 3 times a week.
    6. It's been about a year since I started, but October through February were rough months for me, I didn't gain any weight, but didn't lose any, either.

I've been focusing more on what I eat rather than calories. I switched to eating almost entirely paleo/primal, and find it very easy to eat a low number of calories and not feel hungry.

Also, I've been paying closer attention to my body fat percent than my actual weight; I've had multiple weeks where I take no weight off, but lose an inch or so around my waist and hips because of fat loss and muscle gain. I just use a tape measure and plug it into a website and it does the calculations for me; it's not 100% accurate, but it seems to do a fairly good job.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options

3. How tall are you?

1. 32 lbs
    2. 158.8
    3. 5'2"
    4. 1200
    5. 6 days a week….3 days weights and 3 days aerobics
    6. Started Sept 2013

I will be 50 this month and my goal is weight is 120. It's hard work! Good luck to all!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options

3. How tall are you?
    No
    1. 91lbs (in total) 61 with MFP
    2. 275lb , 245lbs on MFP
    3. 5'4"
    4. It says 1600 but I can eat between 1200-1600
    5. I have a trainer I work with for 45 minutes 3xs a week and I take his class once a week, started in October. So 4 xs and yes weights are included.
    6. The 61lbs over a year, the other slowly took a couple years.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options

3. How tall are you?

22lb
    214.8lb
    5 foot 5 inches
    1300ish
    Not often enough
    Since New Years
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options

3. How tall are you?

199 pounds (damn that 200 mark is elusive)
    5'10
    1100 (ish)
    1-3 times a week mix of Gym, Yoga, some weights...more weights now as the weight has come down
    8 years (but most was lost in the last 16 months)
  • childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

3. How tall are you?

1. 124 pounds
    2. 315 pounds
    3 . 6ft
    4. That changed the more weight I lost, I started on 1,863 and by the time I reached my goal I was on 1,380, that was to lose 2 pounds per week.
    5. Limited with exercise due to injuries, so I walked 30 minutes per day.
    6. In total, 18 month to lose 124 pounds.
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options

3. How tall are you?

1) 71 lbs
    2) 420 lbs
    3) 5'3"
    4) It varies depending on what I'm doing, but generally I aim for around 1500-2000
    5) 5-7 days a week, and yes - I work with a trainer and we combine a workout schedule that includes weights, cardio, boxing, and resistance training.
    6) I can't really speak to time, because I've faught over the same 10-20 lbs a couple of times. I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 22, and since then, I've tried everything I could, but didn't really start fully succeeding until I hit my heaviest at around age 27. since then, it hasn't always been consistent, but I don't give up, no matter what.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    1. How much weight have you lost? 118 lb total, 73 of that on MFP
    2. What did you start at? 307 lb (262 lb when I started MFP)
    3. How tall are you? 5'8"
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) no clue until I joined MFP but have gradually gone down from around 1650 when I started logging, to between 1270-1400 currently
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included? 3-4 days per week for 30-45 min per day, walking, hiking or biking and every day some light or heavy cleaning. I log everything because I'm set to sedentary activity level. I eat back 1/2 to all of my exercise calories. I have no clue what to do with weights, lol...not saying I'll never try it.
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? the first 45 lb I lost without MFP took me around 4 years but I have lost 73 lb in 12.5 months on MFP.
  • Dyann_Alvarez
    Dyann_Alvarez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1. How much weight have you lost? 41
    2. What did you start at? 211
    3. How tall are you? 5'7"
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) Started at 1450 and ended at 1200
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included? I would walk and do the elliptical 4 to 5 days
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? about 6 months

I'm losing 15lbs that I have put back on. :( It never ends!!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    1- I've lost approximately 40-45 pounds.
    2- My highest weight ever was 236
    3- I'm 6'1"
    4- I ate between 2800-3500
    5- I exercised 5 days a week weight training, including cardio only in my off days. Never trained for more than 1hr. My average training sessions would last 30minutes, but I always made sure those minutes counted. The exercise was intense (still is)
    6- At first my body responded very quick and I lost about 20 pounds in 2 months. Then I started hitting plateaus ine after another, but always staying focused and making changes. And in 8 months or so I dropped 40 in total. I wasn't concerned losing weight too fast. I concentrated in the quality of my life and healthy habits. Slow but steady.