Cats Eating Bags.

Options
stormyxpony
stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
Who has a cat that eats plastic bags? I do!!! My 17 yr old cat does :( She'll chew on the bags then puke them up.

Replies

• Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    cat-vs-plastic-bag_zpsf9f5bab1.gif:)
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Not plastic bags, but curling ribbon for wrapping gifts. I cleaned up multiple festive turds before I banned that stuff from my house forever.
  • stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    cat-vs-plastic-bag_zpsf9f5bab1.gif:)
    that looks like my cat at my dad's. Casper is all white and deff.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the plastic used in grocery bags has some animal fat in it somewhere or something. Personally, I think it's a gateway drug.
  • farewell_friend
    farewell_friend Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My cat is always eating plastic:indifferent:
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    One of my cats is obsessed with chewing on plastic. He'll go under my bed and I'll hear *chew chew chew*....where is he finding all this plastic?!
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Mine do not eat the plastic bags, but will play soccer with milk rings from the gallon jugs.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Ours chew on just about anything given a chance but we had one who loved soda bottle caps off 2 liters. we saved them up and tossed them on the floor and he went insane. Never had them eat a bag before that I know of, maybe inside cats are different.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    As much as I am insanely in love with my cats, they eat everything that they can reach....and then throw it up of course. Gotta love it!
  • shayjgordon
    shayjgordon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mine do not eat the plastic bags, but will play soccer with milk rings from the gallon jugs.

Every cat I have owned does this!! It's hilarious!

My present cat also likes to play soccer with the plastic wrap from an absolut vodka bottle...too funny haha
    ...she will also find hair elastics and hold it down with one paw and pull it up with her teeth then let it go and smack herself with it lol
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yep, plastic soda caps are like hockey pucks to my one cat. He has an affinity for plastic grocery bags, too. Now my other cat, he just wants food and catnip.
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mine used to go crazy over the small plastic caps on Poland Spring water. Not the 16 oz. , the larger. Since they changed that one, they are no longer interested. Go figure. They will lick plastic bags for a half hour before getting bored. I thought that I had heard that there is fish oil in them.
  • ldonahue74
    ldonahue74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    our cat doesnt eat the bags, but she does like to be carried around in them. she will bring the bag, and climb into it, and when you pick it up, she will start purring like crazy. she does, however, eat the garland strands from the christmas tree. i'm not sure where her stash is, but she still has sparkly turds
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    plastic bags, check
    milk jug rings, check
    bottle tops, check
    hair ties, check

I can deal with all of those, it's when spaz pulls a dry turd out of the litter box and plays with it that I have to draw the line. :sick:
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

...she will also find hair elastics and hold it down with one paw and pull it up with her teeth then let it go and smack herself with it lol

May cat does this... she'll also play fetch with them! Seriously... she drops the hair tie on the bed by me, I'll pick it up and throw it and 5 seconds later she's putting it back by my hand on the bed. I try to mess with her and throw it in weird places... like behind the bed so she has to go under to get it back, or on my shoe rack so she has to hunt in the shoes for it... She's gotten pretty good!