milks what is best for you?

Options
A question if any of you know, I would appreciate some feedback
What milk is best:
Cow, almond, soy or almond? and why ?
I just purchased a yogurt maker and looking forward to making the best for your health.

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what nutrients you need...
  • XxSoniaSkyxX
    Options
    Cow because it's natural
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It all depends on which taste you prefer...
  • adaybetter
    adaybetter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    almond vanilla....love it
  • sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Cow milk definitely not. It's actually bad for you: Due to it being processed all the good enzymes are destroyed. Also we can't digest several amounts of substances in the milk, so it takes longer to digest. This included lactose.

Drink cocos milk or rice milk instead!
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Define "best"...
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Cow milk definitely not. It's actually bad for you: Due to it being processed all the good enzymes are destroyed. Also we can't digest several amounts of substances in the milk, so it takes longer to digest. This included lactose.

Only people with lactose intolerance can't digest lactose. Everyone else can.

By processed do you mean pasteurisation? That's to stop people getting food poisoning. It's destroying pathogens and slowing down how long it takes milk to go rotten. Pasteurisation does not meaningfully lower the nutritional value of cow's milk:

"It is demonstrated that consumption of raw milk poses a realistic health threat due to a possible contamination with human pathogens. It is therefore strongly recommended that milk should be heated before consumption. With the exception of an altered organoleptic profile, heating (in particularly ultra high temperature and similar treatments) will not substantially change the nutritional value of raw milk or other benefits associated with raw milk consumption."
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S095671351200535X
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I am intolerant/allergic to all of them, so none. I don't drink any milks.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Cow because it's natural

cows milk naturally meant for a cows calf not humans

almonds,rice,soy,coconut,cashew,oats, your mothers breast milk -- all natural
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I can't digest Lactose, so I can't drink cows milk.

The one that I tend to go towards, is Coconut Milk (original or Vanilla). I like it just because it's not as processed as Soy and Almond (the kind I use anyways..not to sure about others :) )
  • missionquestthing
    missionquestthing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I prefer Soy but I also know a lot of soy-phobic people. I'm not sure which is the healthier, that is just the one I prefer taste-wise.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone can answer this question for you, because I don't think any of them are "better" for you vs others that are "bad" for you. The real question should be which one do you like the most and want to drink/use.

I personally like 2% milk so that's normally what I keep at home & get in my lattes when I'm out. I also enjoy vanilla almond milk, both sweetened & unsweetened.
  • sanderdejonge
    Options

Only people with lactose intolerance can't digest lactose. Everyone else can.

By processed do you mean pasteurisation? That's to stop people getting food poisoning. It's destroying pathogens and slowing down how long it takes milk to go rotten. Pasteurisation does not meaningfully lower the nutritional value of cow's milk:

"It is demonstrated that consumption of raw milk poses a realistic health threat due to a possible contamination with human pathogens. It is therefore strongly recommended that milk should be heated before consumption. With the exception of an altered organoleptic profile, heating (in particularly ultra high temperature and similar treatments) will not substantially change the nutritional value of raw milk or other benefits associated with raw milk consumption."
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S095671351200535X

I said it's hard for your body to digest cows milk (because of several amounts of substances), not can't digest.
    I also didn't say the nutritional values would change; I said the good enzymes are destroyed.
  • suecatjkl
    suecatjkl Posts: 13
    Options
    I got BAD food poisoning from raw milk that I consumed while in Peru. It took 3 weeks of antibiotics to clear my system.

My husband switched from cow milk to almond milk and his blood pressure went down about 15 points in a month.

If you have a vitamix you can make your own almond milk. Supposedly, almonds are super nutritious. I'm sure people will argue about it.
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    It all depends on your goals and personal preferences. I personally prefer whole milk and occasionally, vanilla almond milk.
  • sanderdejonge
    Options
    I got BAD food poisoning from raw milk that I consumed while in Peru. It took 3 weeks of antibiotics to clear my system.

My husband switched from cow milk to almond milk and his blood pressure went down about 15 points in a month.

If you have a vitamix you can make your own almond milk. Supposedly, almonds are super nutritious. I'm sure people will argue about it.
    Cacao powder is excellent for a lower blood pressure as well! And is extremely rich on anti oxidants.
    Almonds are one of the best nuts, too. Nothing to argue on that!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I hate cows milk. Even as a kid thought it was gross.

So for me the best milk is Almond milk since I will actually drink it. I love the coconut almond blend too.

But even then those are drank rarely. I'm a water girl.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I hate cows milk. Even as a kid thought it was gross.

So for me the best milk is Almond milk since I will actually drink it. I love the coconut almond blend too.

But even then those are drank rarely. I'm a water girl.

+1 I drink the unsweetened almond or soy milk. I've always hated cows milk, too.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Any milk other than cow for me. I can't stomach it.