Progress Pic comparisons

Options
It's not a success story yet, but it's getting there. LOL....

This is my first attempt at ever losing weight and can I just say, thank god for MFP and all the support here. :) So, at 5'2", I had gotten approximately 42 lbs overweight. My doctors weren't really happy with my charts, so I started eating more healthfully (ironically, I'm now eating nonstop throughout the day) and taking kickboxing 3x a wk. And here are my first progress photos, 4wks apart.

fff62446.jpg

cb0d14db.jpg

I haven't taken new progress photos bc I was out of commission due to a SEVERE allergic reaction followed by bronchitis & laryngitis. lol... Tomorrow I finally get back to working out for the first time in a month and I can't wait. I'm halfway to my goal and still really motivated. Hopefully I'll have more progress to share in another 4 wks. :)

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Awesome job keep it up!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic! :)
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    HUGE progress!! Keep up the Great work!!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - awesome success!
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

It's definitely a challenge to stay on track. Especially working in entertainment PLUS the holidays! But slipping into previously too small pants is a great, great motivator!!!! I still have 60% of my closet taunting me, but I'm slowly claiming it back, garment by garment.
  • godfreyerika
    Options
    wow! yeah girl!!!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options

This is my first attempt at ever losing weight and can I just say, thank god for MFP and all the support here. :) So, at 5'2", I had gotten approximately 42 lbs overweight. My doctors weren't really happy with my charts, so I started eating more healthfully (ironically, I'm now eating nonstop throughout the day) and taking kickboxing 3x a wk. And here are my first progress photos, 4wks apart.

fff62446.jpg

cb0d14db.jpg

I haven't taken new progress photos bc I was out of commission due to a SEVERE allergic reaction followed by bronchitis & laryngitis. lol... Tomorrow I finally get back to working out for the first time in a month and I can't wait. I'm halfway to my goal and still really motivated. Hopefully I'll have more progress to share in another 4 wks. :)

great job!!!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

fff62446.jpg

cb0d14db.jpg

O M G! Did I read this right, 4 weeks progress?? You are awesome Girl, you look great and you can So see all the hard work and healthy eating going into your journey Jenny:drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :wink:

Terrific Job Hon!! What a very motivating set of photos :o)

Oh and I am SO excited for you to be able to get back to working out I know how hard it is to sit on the sidelines when your body is recovering. Start out a bit slow though and give your body a bit of time to get back the endurance and you'll be zooming right along again:flowerforyou:
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    after only 4 weeks!?!?! thats incredible! good for you! :drinker:
  • MIREBELLA
    Options
    Great Work!!!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!!! Yes, that was 4 weeks. I was really floored as to how quickly it was coming off too. I asked my doctor if it was normal or if I was going too fast because I think I lost like 16lbs in the first 4 wks. I was only shooting for 1-2lbs/wk. But I was always btwn 1200-1500 cals per day and i really didnt do much more than my 3x a week kickboxing. Genetics? I'm not sure. I'm just grateful!

I'm determined to get to my healthy range before I turn 30 since everyone keeps telling me horror stories of how their metabolism seemed to fall off the face of the earth after they hit 30. lol. The holidays were definitely a challenge, as was being out of commission.

I think I'm gonna check out my local gym and try out the Kangoo classes. Let's hope I don't fall and eat it. hahaha....

legs1.jpg
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Not a success story? YES it is! You look amazing! Every pound and/or inch off is a success, right? :happy: Btw....everyone told me that it would happen at 30, too. It was a little later for me. It seemed like my 35th birthday triggered something ugly. lol! Great job!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :)
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Your doing great!!!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing results in just 4 weeks! Great job!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    smiley-music021.gif jam on it girl!!

Are you kidding, that's amazing results!!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    Aw, thanks everyone! It really helps to have so much support. So really, thanks to all you ladies! MFP has been instrumental to my weight loss, especially forcing myself to be accountable once I opened up my Food Diary. lol....
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    Not a success story? YES it is! You look amazing! Every pound and/or inch off is a success, right? :happy:

you're absolutely right! thank you. i need to celebrate all the mini achievements while maintaining my eyes on the prize. :)
  • shanellereena
    Options
    Great job...you look great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!