30-minute workout programs!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm about three weeks out from finishing Jillian's Body Revolution. I really like it and have found that I'm much more consistent with my workouts when I'm on an actual program vs winging it with random DVDs. I only have 30 minutes to work out in the morning, so I'm curious about programs like T25 and P90x3. Anyone do JMBR and one of these other programs to compare? Do some focus more on cardio vs resistance or vice versa? I like my workouts to be tough since I only have 30 minutes!!

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• cqoconnell
    cqoconnell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hooping with an adult size hula hoop! Trust me, you can do it. You just need the right size hoop. I wore a HRM for my 35 minute hoop session today and burned 408 calories. 167 were from the first 15 minutes where I did nothing but waist hoop :-) It's extremely fun and strengthens your core tremendously. Not exactly a program, but it's something you can do in 30 minutes or less.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm about three weeks out from finishing Jillian's Body Revolution. I really like it and have found that I'm much more consistent with my workouts when I'm on an actual program vs winging it with random DVDs. I only have 30 minutes to work out in the morning, so I'm curious about programs like T25 and P90x3. Anyone do JMBR and one of these other programs to compare? Do some focus more on cardio vs resistance or vice versa? I like my workouts to be tough since I only have 30 minutes!!

Thanks in advance!!

Have you tried any other Jillian Michaels videos? I recently got the 30-Day Shred from Netflix and I like it. I also really like that it is very structured with 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs - done in 3 different circuits - for 18 minutes of workout + some warm up and cool down time, so it's only about 22 minutes total. Since I got it from Netflix, I just wrote down the various exercises and can do them on my own without the video, using an old-school 30-sec sand timer that you just flip over when it's time to change activities. Maybe other people like having the video for inspiration, but I tend to find workout videos annoying, when the folks are trying to fill the time with small talk, etc. I will say, the 20 minutes gets me sweating!!! (and I'm not in terrible shape).

I have friends/acquaintances who are super into T25, but most of them are beachbody coaches so I admit, I kind of don't trust their enthusiasm for the program... I haven't tried it myself.
  • tcjrph
    tcjrph Posts: 6
    Options
    I use the following tools. Hasfit.com Fitnessblender.com and 7 min workout app on my phone. There are a lot of 7 min workout apps, the one I use is sponsored by Johnson and Johnson. You can build your own workout, and tailer it from easy to hard, from 7 min to 27 minutes. Try them you might like them. Good luck!
  • Supergirl9801
    Options
    There's a bunch of JM on youtube too. Ripped in 30 is on there and I just started it. Similar to Shred. I also like her 25 minute kickboxing one. It is pretty intense and runs the whole time. Don't forget to check your tv's on demand. I have Fios and they have a fitness channel that streams on demand and often has different types of workouts that change often.
  • jkb1129
    jkb1129 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I actually own most of Jillian's other DVDs so I'm pretty familiar with her stuff, but I do think they are still effective so maybe I should revisit some of them.

I'll have to check out the suggested websites and maybe even the hula hoop! I have to admit I was never very good at that but I can definitely see how it's a great core workout!

Thanks for the suggestions. :happy:
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Well, I did many and I've completed T25 and I'm doing P90X3 at the moment.

T25 is 25 minutes cardio... no breaks....running,jumping,squats,burpee etc....

P90X3 is more strength and core with some cardio.

There's also lots of videos of 10 to 30 minutes workout on Youtube.... in the section called BeFIT.

Or.... I've completed couple years ago the BeachBody 10 minutes trainer. It's 10 minutes workout and if you follow the schedule...you can do 1 to 3 per day so...10 t0 30 min a day....going from total body,cardio,yoga,legs, etc.....
  • jkb1129
    jkb1129 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Which did you like better...T25 or P90x3? Or does it really just depend on what you're trying to accomplish?