celebrating then little things

Options
I have been on this rollercoaster for way to long. 5 years ago I used MFP and lost 70 lbs. Then I let life get in the way and lost focus. Here I am again after gaining back the 70 plus another 15. I know I have to stop letting life get in the way of my success. I am 40 years old and as of October I am an empty nester. My kids are 19 and 21 and finally they both seem to have their lives on track. So I figured what the heck am I waiting for this weight isn't just going to fall off. So I got off my tushie, went to Plant Fitness to get a membership, met with a personal trainer and went to the grocery store. Today I am here to celebrate the small things I've accomplished over the last 2 weeks.
1. Went to the gym 4 days a week
2. Went out to dinner with friends and ordered a healthy meal
3. Said no to dessert
4. Did the scary unthinkable thing and took before pics
5. And lost 10 lbs
WOOHOO go me!!!

Replies

• sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. It's the little things that get you through it.

I've had a lot of them throughout my journey but my most recent are:

My daughter noticing my squats are getting lower.
    Going 20 mins on the elliptical
    Finishing round 1 of JM's 30 day shred.
    2 weeks without a cigarette.
  • cloverfield4
    cloverfield4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congrats on taking control of your health! I love the little things, the are what keep me going, for sure.

Recents:

My jeans are a little looser
    I've been going to the gym 4-5x/week steady for the last month
    I've logged for over 30 days in a row
    I'm getting better at thinking ahead about my meal choices
    I have ENERGY!!!!
  • RagingThespian
    RagingThespian Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love celebrating the little things... a bunch of little things add up to a big thing - a healthier/happier you!

I'm celebrating that the number on my scale started with a 1 today. I'm pretty sure its been about 12 years since that's happened last. :-)
  • jennyruellebricker
    jennyruellebricker Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    These are all great accomplishments. Way to go!!!!!
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Sounds like you are going to enjoy this adventure!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!