hit a plateu someone please help me, desperate

Options
I eat up to 1200 calories a day, some days I eat 800-900 because I go to bed earlier.
I did weigh 167lbs now I am stuck at 155lbs I have been stuck here for a few weeks. Im not eatting over and im now eatting fatty foods. I did get a wrap done, those slimming ones maybe thats where the extra weight is coming from? I dont know but im getting desperate and feel like eatting even less.
I have been going for verry long walks lately to. Like two hour walks. Could that of added weight?

Replies

• Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I don't see any logs in your diary. You probably shouldn't be eating under 1200 calories a day. It isn't healthy.
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You probably need to eat more, you body is getting used to living on the very little you are putting in and it is storing it because of that whole starvation mode thing. If you up your calories for a few days (that doesn't mean eating fatty foods, but eat foods rich in nutrients and well balanced meals) then start restricting again, I'm sure your body will snap out of it.

Just up your calories to maybe 1500 - 1800 for a few days *Remember healthful meals and frequent snacking

Then come back down to 1200, not any less, and still snack throughout the day. And if you exercise eat your calories back if you are still hungry
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    As you don't log how have you any idea what you're eating? if you're not losing weight you're not eating at a deficit and eating a lot more than 1200. Log your foods accurately then you can find out what is really going on
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Your body needs to be fueled. Food is not the enemy. If you want to progress then think of it this way.

"Trick" your body into thinking it will get feed well. You do this by maintaining a small calorie deficit. Another "trick" for your body would be to make it think you need the muscles that you have. You do this by lifting some type of weights.

So to sum this up. Eat more but not to much and do some type of weighted resistance.

You want more specific, non newbie, type of advice? Give us your weight, height, age and activity level.

Want to estimate your coloric goals yourself? Go here:

http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx

Eat above your BMR but below your TDEE
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    As you don't log how have you any idea what you're eating? if you're not losing weight you're not eating at a deficit and eating a lot more than 1200. Log your foods accurately then you can find out what is really going on

this. Weigh, measure, and log everything. You're probably a victim of calorie creep.
  • lpilato
    lpilato Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me? I am new to this forum I purchased a fit bit (love it) and joined fitness pal I have been faithful for 50 days tracking and eating properly. I have not lost even one pound so depressing I work out 5-6 days a week doing everything from circuit training, spin, cardio, kickboxing and yoga!!! I have been going gluteen free also. Stopped eating cheese and down to one cup of coffee and no artificial sweeteners I am so frustrated but I do have to mention that I have Graves' disease (in remission) I was the 2% that gained weight on it go figure. Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong?
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know it is probably pointless to tell you this. If you're lucky, in four years time (that's how long it took me) you'll realise you really need to eat more in order to lose weight unless you want to be classed as an anorexic. If you want to be smarter than me (not that hard) trust my words. Go on the forums and find the 'eat more to weight less' thread. Follow it. Trust it. Become lean and healthy. Good luck.

PS. If you don't believe me, go have a look at the diaries and macros of women who have the bodies you want. Not the ones struggling, but the ones who have achieved amazing results and are here to inspire others. Look at their bodies, envy, follow their steps.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I know it is probably pointless to tell you this. If you're lucky, in four years time (that's how long it took me) you'll realise you really need to eat more in order to lose weight unless you want to be classed as an anorexic. If you want to be smarter than me (not that hard) trust my words. Go on the forums and find the 'eat more to weight less' thread. Follow it. Trust it. Become lean and healthy. Good luck.

PS. If you don't believe me, go have a look at the diaries and macros of women who have the bodies you want. Not the ones struggling, but the ones who have achieved amazing results and are here to inspire others. Look at their bodies, envy, follow their steps.

I just had to highlight this point. DO THIS!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    This. I went through your food diary and found I think 3 entries total for the past 6 weeks.
  • itsskyhigh
    Options
    I use a dif website to calorie count this one crashes and pisses me off.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me? I am new to this forum I purchased a fit bit (love it) and joined fitness pal I have been faithful for 50 days tracking and eating properly. I have not lost even one pound so depressing I work out 5-6 days a week doing everything from circuit training, spin, cardio, kickboxing and yoga!!! I have been going gluteen free also. Stopped eating cheese and down to one cup of coffee and no artificial sweeteners I am so frustrated but I do have to mention that I have Graves' disease (in remission) I was the 2% that gained weight on it go figure. Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong?
    If you're not losing weight, then you're not eating at a deficit. You're underestimating your food &/or overestimating your burns.

Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Edited to add that MFP has a Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/770-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

And a Fitbit group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users