Here I Go Again

glassdoor
glassdoor Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Not one to stick to diets. Food is too tempting and I love to eat. Any suggestions to help me walk away. :laugh:

Replies

• Not one to stick to diets. Food is too tempting and I love to eat. Any suggestions to help me walk away. :laugh:
  • Find an exercise you love! You have to love that exercise though. For me, if I have a consistent exercise routine everything else falls into place. I have discovered Zumba and it is so much fun you don't realize just how hard you're really working.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Hey there Glass:tongue: Two suggestions, first try a timer. If you want something, walk away for 5 minutes, if you still want it, go ahead.It may drive you crazy if you don't. At first I'd crave something, tell myself 'no' and proceed to eat everything else in sight BUT that thing. Or, take the time to log it, see how many calories it is and see if you still want it.

Second, really, really, work at portion control. Go ahead and have that ice cream, just be sure to have a small portion. I bought some 1/2 cup ramekins that I use for things like ice cream, chips and dip etc. But I think bottom line for me has been using MFP. Begins to make you ULTRA AWARE of the impact of every bite.:noway:

Love the fact that your exercise calories are sort of a bonus. I vacuumed the floor (yep, that's exercise!!!) and (((earned)))100 calories, or one cookie!!!!:bigsmile:
    Ezzie
This discussion has been closed.