What happened to Saturday Morning cartoons??

Options
pawnstarNate
pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
I blame Disney channel and Nickelodeon. I kinda miss these guys.....
tumblr_mbge251Y3X1rws3k0.png

Replies

• BehindtheMic
    BehindtheMic Posts: 1,736 Member
    Options
    TMNT was my favorite by far...
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Frinkiac
    Frinkiac Posts: 19
    Options
    Ahh, teenage mutant ninja turtles, by god they've been going some years now. I had all the action figures and also had a costume so I would leap around the house and defend it from the evil Shredder, course, that was only last week.

Remember Chip 'N Dale, Rescue Rangers? That was a good'un too. Rugrats had a long run as well.
  • pawnstarNate
    Options
    Ahh, teenage mutant ninja turtles, by god they've been going some years now. I had all the action figures and also had a costume so I would leap around the house and defend it from the evil Shredder, course, that was only last week.

Remember Chip 'N Dale, Rescue Rangers? That was a good'un too. Rugrats had a long run as well.

When I was in my early teens, my parents sold fireworks before the 4th of July. I got paid $50 a day to wear this costume (very similar) in upper 90's temps. Talk about a sweat factory. But hey......I got paid and got to whack kids in the head with my foamy sword!!! good times! lol
    Teenage-Mutant-font-b-Ninja-b-font-font-b-Turtles-b-font-Mascot-font-b-Costume.jpg
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Rocko's modern life... Doug.. Rugrats... List goes on!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • BehindtheMic
    BehindtheMic Posts: 1,736 Member
    Options
    Rocko's modern life... Doug.. Rugrats... List goes on!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Those are great too...I had forgotten about Doug, Skeeter, and Patty LOL
  • fuzilojak
    fuzilojak Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is on Netflix so you don't have to watch them ONLY on Saturday mornings. ;)
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

ROCKO's MODERN LIFE!!!!
    Many such as Rugrats and Doug play on Nickelodeon but later in the evening. Fun to fall asleep to I tell ya.
  • GingerJenX3
    GingerJenX3 Posts: 419
    Options
    Me too totally miss the cool cartoons!

Sponge bob has destroyed my kids brain!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I squeed like an 8-year-old when my bf gifted me with the entire run of Dinosaucers. I was so crazy excited, then started watching... and wow... it's -bad-. ^_^ Bless you, nostalgia glasses!

DuckTales still holds up, though. Good shiznit!

Heck, the entire Disney Afternoon, amirite? GARGOYLES, EEEEEEEE!
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I grew up with Bugs Bunny and Looney Tunes....the adult satire in it went way over my head back then but is priceless now. Everything else is crap.
  • EllenKay63
    EllenKay63 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Bugs Bunny, The Jetsons, Scooby -Doo, Tom & Jerry, Josie & the *****cats, Banana Split, The Flintstones, Underdog, Rocky & Bullwinkle . .. The list goes on

They bleeped out the name but when I was a kid ***** wasn't use in the bleeped out manner. It was an innocent ( and another) name for a kitty cat and part of the name of the show. I wasn't using it in a bleeped out manner.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    There are some good ones out there but just not on Saturday anymore, really is sad I used to sit there with my own kids on Saturday mornings and load up on the fun, now with my grandson we have to watch inferior cartoons on Netflixs.
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cartoon Network still airs Looney Tunes & some of the other super old school cartoons. Don't know if you're familiar with the channel Boomerang, but I like that one too. Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack, Jonny Quest, Tom & Jerry, Yogi Bear, Ed, Edd & Eddy, Flinstones, Jetsons, Scoobydoo, Smurfs, etc etc etc.
  • glairestone
    Options
    I like cartoons also and loved to watch it so much.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Tiny toons.....
  • pawnstarNate
    Options
    There are some good ones out there but just not on Saturday anymore, really is sad I used to sit there with my own kids on Saturday mornings and load up on the fun, now with my grandson we have to watch inferior cartoons on Netflixs.
    Yeh...I've watched several on Netflix with my little one but, back then...no Netflix, no internet.....as kids, we would get up early on Saturday just to watch these and if you just happened to sleep in a little and missed something...it's like it ruined the rest of your day. lol Now, kids & teens sleep in, get up and eat a very late breakfast, get on their ipod touch or cell phone (for the older ones) go to their room and finish watching the Netflix movie they fell asleep to at 2am. well....not all kids & teens but, the not so active ones at least.