100 Days on MFP

Options
krawhitham
krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
I started with 50 lbs to lose. I started obese. I'm now "overweight"

While I signed up for MFP years ago, this is the first time I've taken weight loss seriously. I've been doing this for 100 days strait - since January 1st.

I consider this a *huge* success. I encourage everyone to get a 100 day streak, at least!

What I have learned:
Log *everything* even if you have to estimate
Weigh food that you are able to weigh
The exercise calories MFP has are inaccurate. If you can't afford a HRM like myself, log 20 minutes of exercise instead of 30 (for example). It makes the calorie count more accurate.
LOG EVERYTHING, even binges! I have binged for the past few days (because of TOM) and I had a 3,000 calorie day back in February when friends were visiting - I've still lost 13 lbs in the last 100 days.

Just because you have a few days were you eat a ton, it doesn't mean there will be no weight loss over time. Even though I have many days of eating 2000-3000 calories, I have averaged about 1600 a day over the past 100 days.

Also, I've learned it's important to switch up exercise and to take breaks. It's okay for me not to exercise for a whole week, it's okay for me to just do elliptical exercises for a couple weeks, and then just to dumbbell exercises the next week. For some reason, my body responds better when it has not "settled" into one exercise.

And, as for exercise: TAKE IT SLOW. I walked on a treadmill/elliptical for almost 3 months before I started to jog. Even now I'll only jog 3 times a week. I have some foot and knee pain, and it has been improving with my weight loss. I say slow and steady wins, and I can run a full 5K now without stopping!

I started this journey obese, I've lost only 13 lbs but I'm no longer obese and I'm determined to be "normal" weight by December. Who is with me?

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Great progress. Consistency is key. You got this under control!!
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • Jesygfbaker
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Consistency is definitely key! So is honesty- every bite counts. I'm only a pinch over 5'1" and an extra 50-100 calories a day (in just a few bites) could be the difference between a 1lb loss, or none at all!
    100 days is a great milestone! Here's to 100 more!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievement! Bravo!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great advice and great job!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!! :):)
  • narfy88
    narfy88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Girl! You are doing great. Thank you for these words of encouragement. I've been getting down on myself for "only" losing 16 pounds since the new year. Instead I should take your advice and celebrate what i have accomplished! Keep it up!
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love your philosophy!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats on your loss so far and your dedication. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • ryker789
    ryker789 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Great job! Here is to 100 more. :drinker:
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great advice and a good reminder that slow and steady wins the race. Also, don't beat yourself up over the numbers, we all have good days and bad days.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Well done! You've learned more in 100 days than I did in 8 years of yo-yo-ing.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great job 13lbs is fantastic! I'm only on my 19th day but I know what you mean in terms of those over-limit days, as much as it pains me to admit I had a bad day it's motivating too. Keep it up I know you can do it :)
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Exactly. Rome wasn't built in a day.
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great Post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!