Looking for motivation/accountability partners :)

Options
Hi!

I'm Kelly and I'm new to MFP. I've been using it for about a week now and I think I might do a bit better with some friends to not only offer encouragement to them but receive some as well. I have quite a bit of weight to lose but I'm committed to becoming a healthier person.

Just a little about me. I'm married with one preteen son. I'm nearly forty years old and we live in Chesapeake Virginia. I'm enjoying a variety of exercise (The Y offers so many classes!) I'm working on adjusting my diet but honestly that's going to take some time to get my "pie chart" looking a little better.

I wish everyone success whatever your personal goal might be :)

Replies

• quzly
    quzly Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly,
    Congrats on starting your journey. I'll send you a request. Let's keep it going!!!
  • mojpal
    mojpal Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelly! You can add me if you want. I would love to have you on my team for mutual encouragement :)
  • wehave4
    wehave4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request now. Its always great to have friends going through the same thing and having that motivation from them is huge. :)
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love to give ( and receive) encouragement :) add me!
  • Stephaniemcconaghy
    Options
    I have started using my fitness pal. I am 47 and live in Edmonton,, Alberta. I have three grown up kids. I am also looking to lose about 60 lbs. I was on Ideal Protein and lost 34 lbs to date, but needed a change. Would love to hear from you.

Stephanie
  • lindastanley82
    lindastanley82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly,
    Congratulations on getting started with MFP. This is my 2nd time to "re-start" so I know how difficult it is. I need encouragement and accountability partners too. My downfall is late night snacking and my travel schedule. I can stick to pretty healthy eating patterns when I'm home (except for the snacking) but once I hit the road for business travel, I'm done!

I'm 58 years old and 5'3" so every pound shows. I never had to worry about my weight until my 50s. Now I find it almost impossible to lose weight. However I'm going to double-down on the exercise routine and try to stop the late night snacks. As for the business travel...anybody have tips on how to fit that in when you're on the road?

Thanks!