F/24/5'3"/152.2-distressed over lack of loss on scale

Options
Diary is open. Stats: F/24/5'3" SW: 164 CW: 152.2 GW: 125

I lost .4 this last week. MFP is set for a 1.5 lb per week loss. I know that my fat has been high and I'm looking into adjusting my macros. This week I cracked down, because the two weeks prior were a bit off.

I do have a Nexplanon, and I've been spotting for 3 weeks straight.

TDEE is calculated at 1650 for sedentary, and BMR is 1415. I had more typed out, but then my computer glitched. I'll be glad to provide more info if needed.

Replies

• UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    How much do you lose in an average week? Weight loss isn't always a steady downward march. It bounces around a bit, sometimes a lot even within a day. The general trend should be downward, but it isn't consistent.

On average, I've been losing 7 lbs a month. Some weeks, I lose nothing. Last week, I lost 2 and a half.
  • moveitserenity
    Options
    Generally around a lb. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. The past two weeks were nothing (or the scale went up!) and it finally moved down today.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Then don't be distressed. I glanced through your diary and except for saying you should strive to reach 1200 every day and maybe add in some more exercise, what you're doing is fine. MFP only gives us an estimate when it comes to calories and weight loss - our bodies all do things a little differently.
  • moveitserenity
    Options
    Thank you. I'm noticing that I'm finding it harder to eat 1200 kcals the more the scale doesn't move. I thought it was calories in=calories out...
  • rachelguy
    rachelguy Posts: 24
    Options
    You're pretty much the same stats as me, I'm 22, same height and 148lbs. I was the same as you in that I had been very frustrated about no movement on the scales despite doing this for 6 weeks; I've added in more exercise, am eating around 1500cals a day, not eating back exercise cals and the scales are slowly moving! Are you doing anything else to measure your losses? Such as body measurements? Sometimes they give you a better idea of your losses.
  • hitsnooze
    hitsnooze Posts: 79
    Options
    the birth control makes a huuuuge difference to me. i used to be able to swap a mars bar for an apple once a day and lose a pound, but since i got the depo, i don't put weight on, but losing it is a major struggle. i have to log EVERYTHING and put a lot more effort into losing than i generally would. make sure you're weighing your food and stuff
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    That really isn't anything to be distressed over.

Losing 1.5 pounds per week is a hefty goal. At your height and weight, you don't have a HUGE amount to lose. Those with upwards of 50 pounds are going to lose at a faster rate than those with less. Once you get closer to your goal, the weightloss gets a bit slower. Even if you are just starting out, nearly half a pound a week is a very reasonable rate of loss.