carb question

Options
Does it matter how many carbs you eat at one meal. Like say is over 50 carbs at one meal to much? Ive read that you need a certain amount of carbs for energy, but the excess is stored...Does that mean excess for one meal, or for the whole day? If you shouldnt go over a certain number of carbs at one meal, how much is to many carbs?

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    Does it matter how many carbs you eat at one meal. Like say is over 50 carbs at one meal to much? Ive read that you need a certain amount of carbs for energy, but the excess is stored...Does that mean excess for one meal, or for the whole day? If you shouldnt go over a certain number of carbs at one meal, how much is to many carbs?
  • karmalyn
    Options
    I'm diabetic and my nutritionist says 3 carb servings a meal which is 45 carbs but the Endocrinologist says only 30 carbs a meal. But they also say to have one carb serving between meals but put it with a protein so your blood sugar won't spike up and make you crave more carbs. So that means add a cheese stick or some almonds when you have a carb serving.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    it matters greatly. Your body isn't on a clock, so even if you eat the right amount of calories, if you eat it all in one meal, you'll add fat. I.E. your body can only process and use so much energy at one time, any extra, and it will store it. That's why it's so good to split your meals out into smaller servings throughout the day.