Heart Rate Monitors

Options
I need opinions on heart rate monitors to make sure I get a true count of calories burnt to meet my weight loss goal

Replies

• jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft-4. An older 1 but it works great. So many out there now. Just go an look at some. I dont need anything fancy. I'm sure some of the newer ones do a lot more. Mine keeps track of my workouts 4 the week. Tells u ur hr an calories burned n time of exercise. Good luck! Any other questions just ask.
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Another good one you should look into is the Basis B1
    I use it along with my fitbit force with no complaints
  • Leopardfish1
    Leopardfish1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use this:

Zephyr HxM Bluetooth Wireless Heart Rate Sensor for Android and Windows Phone 8

They also have a model that works with IPhones if that is your bag. I love mine. Love it..! I use it with the Digifit app which gives me the number of calories I burn based on my gym time or treadmill or yoga...anything. It covers anything my Fitbit One doesn't cover and it does it beautifully.

This is some of the info on it:

•Named #3 best health & fitness accessory by Techradar.com
    •Uses Bluetooth to provide heart rate, speed, and distance to your Android or Windows Phone 8 device
    •Machine Washable strap that offers both comfort and accuracy
    •Rechargeable Battery with 26 hours of continuous usage per charge
    •Water Resistant up to 1m
    •Supports Dozens of Apps* with No Subscription Required!

I highly recommend this to anyone and I would buy one again in a heart beat...no pun intended.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Polar FT40 is amazing. I have had it for over a year now and am completely satisfied
  • deztopstylist
    deztopstylist Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am looking into a new hrm as well I have a sport line. It worked weel when I got it it seems to have a short life. I was looking into one for continuous wear one that is also an activity tracker that u can use with or withoutthe strap but all I have got is people who are very opinionated on my posts
  • donaldarmstead1
    Options
    I have had a Polar RS200 for many years. I recently added an H7 strap w/ bluetooth. It records my workouts with the MapMyFitness app which then syncs to MFP. Pretty nice if you interested in using this site exclusively. Also a cheaper option if you already have a late-model smart phone (must have Bluetooth 4.0 with low-energy BT capability). You can buy the strap on Amazon for 60ish.
  • staycfitz
    staycfitz Posts: 11
    Options
    I did get the Polar Loop with the FT7 Bluetooth so far I like it.... thank you all for the info
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the older Polar FT4 and I just got the Polar FT6 that links to your cell phone and love them both.