Your Most Recent Binge/Excessive Eating Episode?

Options
Graelwyn75
Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
I have lately had a few bad episodes, usually weekend, late night, boredom eating...
I workout like a beast, but bleh, I am still working on getting a grip on the whole eating certain foods in moderation concept...Either that or I need to accept that not everyone rolls that way, and adjust to having a few crazy nights a month.

Regardless, my most recent episode was 3 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and about a Ib of chocolate. Eek.
I had cycled over 2 hours on the day in question, and killed 2 hours at the gym the day before, fortunately.

So, Who else has had some bad eating episodes recently? Anyone ?

Replies

• Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I had a deluxe cheeseburger with mayo, and French fries with gravy for lunch. It was yummy.

I'll have a salad for dinner and I did an hour or Zumba this morning. I'm still under my calories for the day.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A few nights ago. Evening is my hardest time and I was feeling depressed (a trigger for overeating). I ate three Milanos, a snickers, mini starburst and a bowl of lucky charms. Before that was my rest day. I ate a whole family size bag of Funyons.
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I jist got some of the cheesy garlic bread chips and I can not stop eating them. :-(
  • TylerNorris57
    TylerNorris57 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go to long without eating I will wake up and have a binge of bad food. Last one was on Thursday I ate: sandwich, apple, 3 servings of chips, 4 "fun size" kit kats
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    For my birthday two days ago! I was up early so I had a roll with some jelly before everyone got up... We typically don't do big breakfasts but one of my brothers in law was staying over, so I made pancakes, sausage and eggs, which I ate too much of... Then birthday lunch with my husband, I had a lamb burger and fries, like 4 slices of bread, and dessert (some spicy cinnamon donuts with white chocolate sauce for dipping). Then we stopped at the French bakery and I bought a chocolate brioche and a pithivier (it's basically puff pastry filled with almond paste, one of my favorite things ever except it's probably 800 calories or something) and I had those within 2 hours... I skipped dinner but got hungry around 9pm and had two more rolls.

Probably 4200 total calories. Some things were totally worth it, others not. But it was my birthday so I had decided to eat what I wanted that day.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Went overboard on graham crackers last night. I opened a new sleeve and ate them all before the night was over. Then I had a couple of pieces of cheese AND a leftover grilled sausage link. All I can say is at least the graham crackers were the low-fat ones and the sausage was chicken...lol!

I have one of these snacking binges about every two weeks and as long as I have no really bad food in the house to snack on, I let it go and start a new day in the morning. Nobody's perfect. :tongue:
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Falafel sandwich, package of Starbucks fruit and nuts, 2 granola bars,vente soy latte.

It took me years, I mean years to get the point that I finally got around to accepting that every so often I could kind of lose it and just eat without thinking.

The way I dealt with it was to say that if I was going to binge, it would be out of the house. So, the falafel sandwich was at a diner, the Starbucks stuff and the granola bars at a Starbucks.
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Last night. I permitted myself to eat whatever I want. I had about a dozen mini cream puffs, blueberry pie, and chocolate cake.
  • sharkeater
    sharkeater Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also have problem with binge eating mine is caused by stress I worry about everything job, finances my training is okay just my nutrition
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    my achille's heel is linked to my job... I am a frequent business flyer, so frequent that I have reached the gold tier with more than one large european or middle easter airline, hence i have access to the first class lounges of most airports

and having the flight schedules flexible, sometimes i arrive at the airport 2 mins before take off, some times hours. In the latter case, sitting in those godforsaken lounges with amazing food brought to you at the snap of a finger is just something which at times i cannot resist

:(
  • Sandiki2Point0
    Sandiki2Point0 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Three nights ago. I'm a sundown grazer
  • krispy1982
    krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mine is going on right now! Friends of ours are getting married and i said no to the drinks at two banquets and a birthday party this week so I could just let loose and celebrate. So far it's been delicious and totally worth it.
  • becksxxx70
    becksxxx70 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Today..........Hubby's birthday......... BBQ...........booze.........cake.............booze..........:drinker:
  • earlybrd7
    earlybrd7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Last weekend was my last biggie meal, but it was planned -- big shrimp feast plate, cheesy buns, caesar salad, pasta and a HUGE piece of chocolate cake to finish it off, nom.
  • albionjen
    albionjen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Couple of weeks ago for me. I ate a whole pizza (1200kcal) plus half a bottle of wine fir dinner and felt really ill the next day of course. I know the reason though. I'd been away at a meeting for work, got back really late, went to m&s really hungry and bought the first thing I saw. Kind of stupid really as I knew I would eat the whole damn thing. O well, got back on track the next day.

I don't care if I over indulge if I enjoy it. It just annoys me when it was rubbish food anyway!
  • SuperShell0812
    Options
    Today. A bowl of animal crackers, a pint of Ben and jerrys and 2 slices of pizza. Now I never want to eat again lol. But yeah these were foods that were forbidden to me and now that I allowed myself to EAT them lol I find they were not really worth it like I thought they were. I think I am going to follow the advice of people on here and just eat whatever I want and stick to my calorie budget and stop chasing stupid fads. It's about time lol.
  • mnxl
    mnxl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    3000+ cals yesterday..loved every bite.
  • FriedStuffwithCheese
    Options
    My last three were: a pint of ben & jerrys, before that a bag of red hot cheetos, before that a bag of hostess mini donuts.
  • peachesx186
    peachesx186 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2 nights ago. It involved a baguette, a wheel of creamy, delicious, stinky, 45% fat Camembert, some prosciutto and salami.

I'm a classy binger.

I was feeling....I can't even remember. Probably lonely and bored. I hadn't had fancy cheese in awhile, and I had nothing else going on, so I guess it seemed like it would be pretty exciting. I got through about a third of the wheel, then abit more the next morning and I threw out what was left. It took MASSIVE self restraint to a) throw out perfectly good food and b) not eat it the rest then and there instead of letting it "go to waste" (on my *kitten*!).

Overall I think I've been pretty good, but I'm definitely an evening binger. I don't know why, I just don't feel like I "should" sit down at 2 in the afternoon and eat a box of fudgeeos, but 8 hours later no problem.

Note: I didn't throw out the prosciutto... And have been eating a couple slices a day since then. I can't let go of good prosciutto :(

So that being said I upped my daily calories the next day, since it's all really in my head. MFP had given me around 1450, which is my bmr, and I was eating back my exercise calories. I was always over, I would make it to almost 2000 most days and felt like a failure. So now I'm manually giving myself 1700 + exercise. Comes out to the same thing, but I feel so much less anxiety since I'm. "Allowed" to go that high.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have a "binge window"...it takes me an hour on the train to get to our son's school, and hour back, then I make dinner while our son does his homework. So from roughly 1:45 p.m. to 5 p.m. I'm on a tight schedule, it is the end of my day (I get up at 5 a.m. and start work at 6 a.m.) and I'm around food.

DS is a pretty healthy eater, but pasta, whole wheat bread, the carby stuff is very tempting when you're tired/distracted and there are still hours to go.