Your Most Recent Binge/Excessive Eating Episode?

Options
2»

Replies

• whitelung18
    Options
    Life has been really bad lately... I have no one to talk to, those I thought I could count on are no longer around, and boy, do I feel some emotional/depressive binge behaviors emerging in my thoughts.... Today I've literally been longing for Monday to roll around because a local pizza place has their pizzas for 50% off. How messed up is that!!?
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ummm right now, going to town on homemade corn bread. lol
    It's so good and i just cant stop eating it.... it's my fault though for waiting too long to eat dinner and being at work earlier.
    whoops, not regretting it though. I was starving earlier and that usually triggers and over eat session.:embarassed:
  • SuperShell0812
    Options
    Life has been really bad lately... I have no one to talk to, those I thought I could count on are no longer around, and boy, do I feel some emotional/depressive binge behaviors emerging in my thoughts.... Today I've literally been longing for Monday to roll around because a local pizza place has their pizzas for 50% off. How messed up is that!!?
    Is it awesome pizza? Lol. Nah you are not alone we all have our moments ha ha.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    a cpl nights ago i ate not one but TWO Big macs ( i throw away the middle piece of bread though, not for calories but im just not a huge fan of white bread, and thats too much bread for me ew) , a small fry, a chocolate shake, potato chips and i dont even remember what else!

The good thing about binging on MCD. Its the most effective laxative known to man lol

The next day I weighed in 2 pounds lighter :P
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Oh crikey I have been beating myself up about eating a whole 420 calorie protein bar - I usually cut them in half

I don't feel too bad at all now, thanks guys :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I am in a similar place. Severe depression, social isolation ( I only know one person in my city), bad living conditions with difficulty moving out, severe OCD, ugh. Pizza is not really an urge for me, it is the sweet things... I can do fine with not buying them, but I go through phases where I seem to think 'what the heck' or where I want to challenge myself to learn self control, and it all goes t*ts up, of course.
    I try and view these occasions as sort of refeed days, when I can, and kick the butt out of my workout the day after, but no, not ideal. I mean, really, one does not even need this sort of food to be happy and certainly not to be healthy.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Creme brulee yesterday...over 400 cal

Stef.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Today.

OTOH, I had very little during the day so I could have a small binge tonight. 3 beers and a pile of tortilla chips, and I stayed under my limit.

It feels strange. I got heavy because I ate for comfort, for all the reasons stated by Graelwyn75 and others. I thought snacks were wonderful. Now, because of drugs and appropriate help and the supportive people here, food does not hold as much interest.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Not what I would call a binge. I've had epic binges where I would stuff myself with food, throw up (from overeating not induced) then begin eating again.

The closest was, maybe Wednesday. I didn't work out and overate by a little over 300 calories. It was that or no dinner whatsoever and that's not an option.

Every now and then I will take a few extra bites of cheese when I'm preparing dinner or something like that but no true binges for a long time.
  • bethwr1
    bethwr1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's funny that what I now consider a binge used to be my daily routine! I just drank 1/2 bottle of good rose and three slices of thin crust home made pizza.
  • FitnessDynasty
    Options
    Beginning of the year I was 211. Weighed in today at 197. Yesterday I took my family to the fair and I ate half a plate of large curly fries, a hot dog, and large elephant ear. So yeah, that was my latest binge. I basically just have to have the will of saying "NO!" "I want to drop pounds, I don't need to eat that crap." I have a nutritionist that has told me, "You need to be at 1900/calories. That doesn't mean elimination, it means moderation." Just got to make sure that you stay within your calories and that you are working out. And just to say, I felt like crap after my binge yesterday at the fair.
  • wickit2014
    Options
    I like to call them treats! In some respect that is, lol. I try my best to eat well every day, watch my calories, log my daily intake, and exercise. I had a day today of eating 4 slices of home made pizza....ummm, it was awesome! Did I blow my calories out of proportion, a little..but after being good for several days I treated myself. Late at night I have a glass of chocolate Almond milk for a sweet treet. It helps curb my sweet tooth. I know that dieting can be a guilt trip for going off routine, but don't let it..remember, you can work it off! Know that you did not deprive yourself of a moment in life that is also no longer a regular eating habit, hence the moderation method. Discipline and awareness are keys to success!
    :drinker: <
    Have a protein shake on me!
  • Welshgem84
    Welshgem84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think it is completely normal to have a REALLY bad day once in a blue moon but I have to admit my last one meant that I had heart burn for hours - it involved two caramel iced krispy kreme doughnuts followed VERY quickly by the enitre packet of cadbury egg 'n' spoon milky mousse's (4) this totalled OVER 1400 calories in about 20 minutes!! The only plus side was I felt so ill I didnt eat an evening meal and that meant I was only over my count buy 500 calories! lol!

I feel like I just cant stop when I start so now I dont allow myself to a) go food shopping when Im hungry and b) NEVER EVER buy this stuff to begin with!! but I know I will relapse at some point and have a really sh**y day but its just about not letting it derail the entire diet! In the last year I can probably count one maybe two bad daya a month but the other I was sensible on so kudos to me!! Lol!