Sunday School Topics In Church

Options
WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
Well after a week or so of my struggles with my health changes and constant slips/binges or whatnot I go into church for a morning discussion..Self control! Wow! It was a soft subject for me, but the words our pastor was saying was quite comforting and made a lot of sense..now I just need God's help to give me the strength I need. :smile:

Anyone else have these?

Replies

• Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    I haven't had this exact experience, but I do give God the thanks, the glory and honor, and all the credit for every little bit I lose. When I gain I know it's because I have not stuck to my plan in some way, and I feel motivated to get back to right living.

It's amazing how easily I can eat poorly. I guess it's the years of bad habits that I am trying now to overcome and expecting that to be done quickly.

Through the loss I have had to date I know I can do it, and am learning more about how to maintain once I get to my GW, which is 140, in 6.5 pounds.

You know, people haven't noticed 31.5 pounds, or at least they're not saying. I can tell by the way my clothes are loose and that I am now wearing two sizes smaller, and that my BMI is in normal range. But I am impatient. I want my skin to tighten up. Time for the gym every day. That's what I'll be doing in the new year. My goal is to go four to five times a week.

I am wary of asking God to work patience in me -- LOL -- because I think He will give me circumstances in which I will REALLY have to exercise patience. You know the saying, Be careful what you pray for because you just might get it! :laugh:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Yea reading the bible im often convicted of self control. Its the reason im overweight now
  • FAKECED
    Options
    Oh yes self control will always be a battle because of our fleshly motives. Just stay focused on Him.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Without God, I would not have lost the weight that I have so far. I give Him thanks everyday for helping with my weight loss journey and depend on Him for continued strength. Hang in there, with Him, we can do this.
  • abiglosertoo
    Options
    I can resist anything but temptation!

Actually I've been very surprised at how easily I've been avoiding soda and chocolate. In other areas of my life...I still can't resist.

It's a daily struggle for me but I know that He will help me through it all. And that He will not give me more than I can handle.

However, recently, it seems God is trying to tell me I'm a lot tougher than I make myself believe! Times are really tough right now!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I would do without God in my life.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Exactly!
    I'm on FB a lot and I do the Message From God app on a daily basis...here is the one frome today...

"On this day, God wants you to know
    ... that faith is exactly what it takes to get through uncertainty. Faith is not necessary when you know how things are going to work out, - that's knowledge. It's in the time of unknowing that having faith is what sees you through to the other side. Faith is what gives you strength. Faith is that light in your heart that keeps on shining even when it's all darkness outside. Now is the time to keep that faith alive"

I believe that Faith is what will get us though all the struggles with weight and in other aspects of our lives as well.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Exactly!
    I'm on FB a lot and I do the Message From God app on a daily basis...here is the one frome today...

"On this day, God wants you to know
    ... that faith is exactly what it takes to get through uncertainty. Faith is not necessary when you know how things are going to work out, - that's knowledge. It's in the time of unknowing that having faith is what sees you through to the other side. Faith is what gives you strength. Faith is that light in your heart that keeps on shining even when it's all darkness outside. Now is the time to keep that faith alive"

I believe that Faith is what will get us though all the struggles with weight and in other aspects of our lives as well.

I love that!
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this exact experience, but I do give God the thanks, the glory and honor, and all the credit for every little bit I lose. When I gain I know it's because I have not stuck to my plan in some way, and I feel motivated to get back to right living.

It's amazing how easily I can eat poorly. I guess it's the years of bad habits that I am trying now to overcome and expecting that to be done quickly.

Through the loss I have had to date I know I can do it, and am learning more about how to maintain once I get to my GW, which is 140, in 6.5 pounds.

You know, people haven't noticed 31.5 pounds, or at least they're not saying. I can tell by the way my clothes are loose and that I am now wearing two sizes smaller, and that my BMI is in normal range. But I am impatient. I want my skin to tighten up. Time for the gym every day. That's what I'll be doing in the new year. My goal is to go four to five times a week.

I am wary of asking God to work patience in me -- LOL -- because I think He will give me circumstances in which I will REALLY have to exercise patience. You know the saying, Be careful what you pray for because you just might get it! :laugh:

Lol one thing we've always joked about at church is NEVER ask God for patience but of course it is us just being silly.

Also I just had to say if you've lost 31+ you know people notice ..I'm dealing with the same thing none of my friends at church or outside of church have said a thing except for two (who make a huge deal about it and I love them dearly for it lol) and it really bothered me. I was pouting about it actually (which is embarassing and not very mature but true) lol and my hubby said you know hun now days alot of women and even men get things surgically done to lose weight so maybe they're afraid to say something thinking it would offend you.

He's right there are at least a few people I know of that have had that done and wanted it to remain a secret for whatever reason (that's their business) so I'm thankful for God, MFP, and the friends here and my family that support and encourage and motivate me! Anyways grats on the loss I bet you look incredible!
  • duckie33
    duckie33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well after a week or so of my struggles with my health changes and constant slips/binges or whatnot I go into church for a morning discussion..Self control! Wow! It was a soft subject for me, but the words our pastor was saying was quite comforting and made a lot of sense..now I just need God's help to give me the strength I need. :smile:

Anyone else have these?
    If you would have told me in 2000 that I would be more conscious of what I eat in 2011 AND give up all meats except fish, I probably would have laughed uncontrollably at you as I ate my McDonald's double cheese burgers (which were my favorite lunch sandwiches). But, my mind set is changed now and once that happens, the rest of me lines up with what my mind is saying. And, I'm very grateful to God for the change.