How long did your weightloss take to show?

Options
Long story short I'm starting to not be so motivated I was hoping maybe I could take off enough weight to fit into a pair of shorts I had bought for the summer and I just don't notice much of a change, I have been on here for a few days but have been dieting for around three weeks.

Replies

• saraharnoldnelson
    saraharnoldnelson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I believe the 'general' rule is that it takes a month before you notice changes, two months before your family notices changes and three months before any one else does. Good luck with your goal!
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I believe the 'general' rule is that it takes a month before you notice changes, two months before your family notices changes and three months before any one else does. Good luck with your goal!

Thanks ^^ I'll stick it out than!
  • C3001
    C3001 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above for the most part. I will also say it depends on how much you need to lose and the rate your are losing. Tracking your calories, exercise, and stats (weight and/or measurements) will help you stay motivated. I came on with 25 lbs to lose. I actually didn't notice much change until I was -8 lbs but others noticed when my progress was around -5 lbs. I do know my progress though which I find encouraging!
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I lost 37 lbs on here last Fall but nobody seemed to notice. Guess that was a main reason I gave up the following few months. Now I am trying to keep in mind that my most important reason to lose the weight is my health. I'll know I"ve made read progress when my knees feel better!
  • C3001
    C3001 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I lost 37 lbs on here last Fall but nobody seemed to notice. Guess that was a main reason I gave up the following few months. Now I am trying to keep in mind that my most important reason to lose the weight is my health. I'll know I"ve made read progress when my knees feel better!

Exactly, healthy is better and makes life easier. Also, just noting depending on your body composition others may not notice unless your standing in front of them half naked. :) I happened to gain the extra 25 in my stomach, arms, face, neck then lost first in the opposite order... This is why the 5 lbs were probably evident to those around me. Looking at it another way too, it was a 20% loss before "they" noticed.
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 lbs so far and although my old clothes don't fit anymore, nobody has noticed the weight loss (or at least not said anything.) I'm not doing it for others though, so I'm not bothered.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

I've seen this before, but it's a little backwards to me. I'm down 28# so far, and the first person to notice was an acquaintance that I only see two or three times per year. This was probably 5# ago or so. My mom and aunt said a few days ago that they're starting to see my shape change. I still don't see it. I know the progress is there, I've seen the scale move, and have some clothes that have begun to fall off of me, but looking in the mirror, I see no difference. You are your own harshest critic, so I think it's harder to see the changes in yourself unless they're drastic.

I have a lot more to lose than you do, so ymmv.