What's is your workout like?

Options
When you're maintaining? Do you still workout the same when you're losing weight?

Replies

• einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    When you're maintaining? Do you still workout the same when you're losing weight?

If you mean "do you still not work out while maintaining" the answers is yes. :-)

I just walk/hike for the most part. I am hoping to add exercise. But you don't really need to exercise in order to maintain. I'd say it's nice to incorporate.
  • bigmike069
    bigmike069 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I seem to be working out more.
    lifting at 5am and run or swimming in the afternoon. sometimes both.

and im eating about 2200 calories a day instead of 1900 a day
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I work out more and harder. I've got more energy to hit the gym without burning out now that I'm maintaining (and I maintain on c.2450 calories at 62kg/136lb).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Plan is the same for me... Weights 3x a week (just heavy dumbbells at home, typically for 20 minutes) and 3 miles walk every day (or more). I'm going to start C25k soon though instead of the walks.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    YES! I now have the energy, stamina and strength to lead the healthy lifestyle that includes lots of activity. I've been maintaining for almost two years, so that includes lots of walking (the smart pedometer is by best friend,) hitting the gym three or four nights each week for strength classes, yoga and lifting sessions on my own. Then there is the FUN stuff -- horsebackriding and tennis on the weekends, for variety and social fun that exercise can bring. Looking forward to getting my bike out soon, now that spring is here.

Activity keeps the stress levels down, and revs up the metabolism - so it's pure joy to be able to breathe hard and keep the muscles nice and toned for shorts and shoulder-baring tanks!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I only change based on my goals…i.e. lifting for strength or hypertrophy …right now I am doing upper/lower split centered around mainly compounds working out four sets 8-10 rep range…except for sunday when I do more of a "volume" workout and try to get into 12 rep range…and do three sets each….
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I bought a fitbit and make a serious effort to to hit 10000 steps.

I also bought a Pilates ball to sit on at work all day and it made a huge difference in my posture and in my muscle tone in abdomen, thighs, and bottom.

In the summer I swim or job in the pool.

I'm over 50 and don't have time work out more.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options

Yeah...because you exercise for fitness, not for weight control. I actually workout more in maintenance because more calories = being able to kill it in the gym and on the bike.

Monday - 15 mile ride
    Tuesday - Lift and 3 mile walk
    Wed - 15 mile ride
    Thurs - Lift and 3 mile walk
    Friday - 15 mile ride
    Saturday - 30 - 40 mile ride
    Sunday - Rest
  • kikilita
    kikilita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My workout life hasn't been very good recently. I'm getting a pedometer and seeing if that'll get me to move more. I just always seem to be lacking energy, not really sure why-- I think it's more habit now, than anything. I'm actually eating pretty good but I'm not exercising as much as I should.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm at my goal weight for a few weeks, now. But I still think I need to tone up more. Like my belly and thights. Would any of you can recommend to me some good ways to do that? Like yoga, pilates or something? Videos from youtube would be great!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I think I work out more - just because I've discovered new exercises that I love. I probably take one day off a week from exercise, but the other 6 doesn't feel like a chore - they're normally welcome breaks from work! :)

I do a bodyweight training class
    Weights class
    Running
    Spinning
    and I did do yoga but have stopped as I couldn't find a class at a suitable time.