What's your favorite veggie dip

Options
I usually need mayo or cheese dip to make my veggies taste better. I usually only use a small amount like a teaspoon . I have tried different salad dressings Ceasar taste good also but has a bit of calories.

Replies

• pocho269
    pocho269 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Make a homemade lipton French onion mix with fat free or low fat sour cream...
  • KittiePerry
    KittiePerry Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like homemade spinach dip, or store bought. It id delicious on crackers, on bread, on carrots, tomatoes, grapes. I just love it.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I use a low fat sour cream with ranch mix. Love it!
  • ChadyzGroove
    ChadyzGroove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to use Yogurt Ranch from Bolthouse Farms which is low calorie (I think 35 calories a serving) or I will use hummus, it is calorie heavy, but has lots of protein and will keep me fuller longer.
  • FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks these are all pretty good recipes. This will definitely help me when I get bored of mayo and cheese dip!!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Home made hummus!
    Stef.
  • nom9nom
    nom9nom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i put the following in greek yogurt:

dill
    lemon juice
    minced garlic
    cayenne pepper
    black pepper

and leave it to sit while i bake chicken usually, then dip that in the yogurt. vegis could obviously be used too.
  • changergirl
    Options
    Salsa
  • FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i put the following in greek yogurt:

dill
    lemon juice
    minced garlic
    cayenne pepper
    black pepper

and leave it to sit while i bake chicken usually, then dip that in the yogurt. veggis could obviously be used too.

Now I would have never thought of yogurt , thanks for the idea.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Home made hummus!
    Stef.
    Salsa

+1
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I made an artichoke dip yesterday. Instead of chopping the artichokes by hand, I put them in a food processor. They ended up much wetter than normal. I was able to get the consistency I wanted with just 2 TBS of mayo and 2 TBS of lite sour cream. (And 2 TBS of parmesan cheese.) Found a recipe that used 1 cup of mayo and parmesan for the same can of artichoke hearts, yikes!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I make a homemade yogurt dressing, it has 15 or so calories per tablespoon, but it has more protein and less fat than most any other dressing I've made.

1 cup non-fat greek yogurt
    1/2 cup Light Whip Salad Dressing (light miracle whip)
    2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
    1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
    1 teaspoon Garlic - Raw
    1/2 tablespoon stone ground mustard (optional)
    (add a couple teaspoons of your favorite sweetener, if it tastes too sour)

the whole recipe (without added sweetener) is
    cal 364
    carbs 29g
    protein 25g
    fat 14g

Makes about 24 tablespoons.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Artichoke/pesto! My new favorite at 45 calories for 2 tablespoon.
    Yum!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Kroger Private Selection yogurt dips, found over in the fancy cheese and meat section. 30 calories for 2 tbsp!!! 90 cals for 6 tbsp!

I highly recommend the cucumber dill and roasted pepper. If you buy a Donvier yogurt strainer you can make your own dips and Greek yogurt and save lots of money. Strained yogurt is a wonderful substitute for mayo or way to cut your mayo in half and increase your protein.

You can also make it really luxurious by adding lite sour cream. You can control the fat by deciding which yogurt you want to strain, fat free, full fat, etc.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Hummus - preferably homemade roasted garlic, but any hummus will do!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    tzaziki (preferably homemade).
    spinach and water chestnut dip (really nice served in a cob loaf)
    chilli pesto
    hommus
    beetroot dip (has to be homemade)
    chilli philly
    roasted red capsicum
    olive tapenade (preferably homemade)

I have a tiny food processor dedicated to making small amounts of pesto and dips.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My favorite for taste is Marzetti spinach dip.

But I often make my own for calorie control. Reduced fat sour cream, Mrs. Dash onion & herb seasoning and a mix of chopped fresh herbs is very tasty.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I use 0% greek yogurt and hidden valley ranch mix...love it on almost everything from veggies to chicken strips or wraps etc.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I use 0% greek yogurt and hidden valley ranch mix...love it on almost everything from veggies to chicken strips or wraps etc.

Love ranch anything, I'll have to give this one a try.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt mixed with the Hidden Valley FIESTA Ranch dip. If you haven't tried the Fiesta, you should. It is amazing!