Changes in appetite/tastebuds

Options
I've been dieting for two weeks now and I'd say I've changed what I'm eating day to day pretty drastically. I've been snacking on strawberries and yogurt and have cut down on coffee majorly (used to be three cups a day, down to a few a week). Recently I feel like I can really taste the sweetness of the strawberries and the coffee tastes so bitter - I never take sugar/sweetener but I feel like it now!
Just wanted to see if anyone else's tastebuds have ever changed over such a short period of time?

Replies

• Kixshots
    Kixshots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to really love salty things but after reducing my salt for a long time and not adding salt to my food I can really notice if something is salty, like green olives especially, I used to love them but now they're just blech
  • as124
    as124 Posts: 27
    Options
    I used to have a huge sweet tooth, but now things like ice cream are too sweet for me and I need much less sugar/honey in everything. It's nice, but when I want to treat myself to a sweet snack it just doesn't taste as good.
  • evastria
    evastria Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!
    Yeah, it feels good (last night I just had one small square of very dark chocolate as a treat and it really sorted out my cravings) but I'm missing the ritual of having a coffee - the prep, the nice warm feeling and (obviously) the caffeine boost!
  • Leesha97
    Leesha97 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't crave bread anymore. I switched to this flax lavash stuff a few months ago and I use it in place of regular bread and I don't even miss bread. And I work in a bakery! The lavash leaves me feeling so full, I wish I would have known about it years ago.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yes.

When I quit full sugar soda.... it opened up a whole new world.

Green tea (or any tea, really), which I had always felt tasted bitter and hated... has become really sweet.

My suggestion is to be adventurous with food choice from now on! It's a completely different experience! Thing you may have disliked before could now be favorites!

It's weird, but amazing.