Clogged up nose. HELP?!

Options
patriciaprice334
patriciaprice334 Posts: 26 Member
So I caught a little head cold the other day and my nose is still stuffy and it's driving me NUTS. Does anyone know of any way to break it up? I've tried massages, decongestants, and hot towels. HELPPPP!!!

Replies

• Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Drink tons of water, more than you usually drink, this will help keep you hydrated and feel at least a little better around your nasal congestion. Not to mention, the large intake of water helps "flush" the system of the virus :)
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    NETI POT! It will get all the snot right out!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    NETI POT! It will get all the snot right out!

This, although I like nasal rinses better because there is more pressure. I use Neil Meid. Just make sure to use distilled water (I just put it in the bottle and microwave it for 26 seconds here).

And Breathe Right nasal strips are a lifesaver at night.

For the record though, I used to have it all the time, and I had to have nasal surgery because my septium was deviated... best thing I've ever done.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Lots of clear liquids, it'll thin the mucus - and add an antihistamine. Whenever I get a sinus infection or bad cold, my doctor always recommends mucinex and an antihistamine, apparently they work well in tandem. Neti pots will help with immediate relief, but be careful what kind of water you use.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Spiciest food you can handle... it will open your sinuses.

:smile:
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    neti pots can cause irritation of already inflamed tissue too. they are great for maintenance but you can't get anything through safely when you're that clogged up.

go to your gp and ask for a steroid shot. i wish i had discovered this many decades ago. you will be AMAZED! totally worth the copay, trust me.